Sunday, August 25, 2013

PTI August 2013 blog hop

It's time again for the Papertrey Ink monthly blog hop.  I wasn't sure I would have a chance to squeeze in an entry but I'm here just in time!

PTI graciously gave us not only the color scheme but also the sketch to follow making it very easy to come up with a quick card.  Check out this post for more color schemes and sketches.

I have to say I didn't think this color scheme really would work at all.  The red didn't seem to fit in but once I put it all together I love it!  I used PTI's Extra large rick rack die in place of the straight strips.  The sentiment is from PTI's Signature Series Dress Form for the sentiment.  I felt I needed some type of focal point to place where the strips cross.  I chose one of the butterflies from my 3-D butterfly file.  I just love how much dimension postioning both parts of the file brings.  Rhinestones on the body of the butterflies finishes up the card.

If you would like to purchase my file please click on the preview below.  It's a steal at only $1.05 for the rest of Aug.  (The sale price will show up when you place the item in your cart)



Don't forget my whole store is 70% off until the end of Aug.  So go shopping here before it's too late.

Well my kids started school last Thursday.  I cut letters out of vinyl depicting their grade level and adhered them to the apples.  This is the second year I have done this.  I really like how they turned out and will continue the tradition (as long as I have white vinyl that is!).  I can't believe I have a 1st and 4th grader.  Where has time gone?  The kids didn't go to school on Friday.  They were doing construction all day Thursday while the kids were there.  Many parents felt it wasn't a safe environment for their kids.  Our son came home coughing and had a migraine.  Both kids have asthma so construction dust simply isn't good for them to be around.  Around 7:00 Friday morning the message came through that school was cancelled.  They promised to work a lot over the weekend.  Hope they kept their word!  How in the world can teacher's teach and students learn while construction workers are drilling and such! 

Thanks for stopping by.  Please come back again!  Have a splendid week!


Share:

1 comments:

Sandra from NC said...

The kids are totally adorable!