Monday, August 26, 2013

PTI Tea staining techniue


Goodness this weekend just got away from me!  I wanted to participate in Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-Faire event but only got one project done!  


 I started by cutting tags from my Tags Galore file.  I stamped them with Papertrey Ink's Fancy Flourishes stamp set.  (Haven't used this stamp in a long time..forgot how wonderful it is!).  Then embossed with white embossing powder.

I just loved Betsy's video on staining using Kool-aide.  I bought a value pack of generic Kool Aide that had 4 flavors included and the colors I got were just plain horrible!  I ended up with two reds that worked okay but the yellow didn't dye at all and the grape was more grey in color.  I was deeply disappointed!  I love Betsy's colors so I think I will buy what she did and try again in the future.  So....

I had some tea and got that out to tea stain the tags.  This worked quite well.  The watercolor paper I cut the tags out of didn't warp at all.  It's hard to tell in the photo but I also stained some tulle.  I layered this with my flowers (QK die).  If you click on the photo you might be able to see the tulle better.

I stamped the white card base with a script stamp from Hero Arts.  I think if I duplicate this card I will tea stain the base or use a less stark white.  I really love the tea stain color with a touch of soft pink as an accent color.  So I used PTI's sweet blush cardstock to cut my flowers and border.  The border is from my Card Base 1 file.   A little bit of gold accented fiber finished the card.

If you would like to purchase any of the files I used please click on the previews below.  Hurry as my files are 70% off until Aug 31st.  Gotta love great quality files at rock bottom prices!





Thanks for stopping by.  Please come back again!

Share:

0 comments: