Thursday, February 25, 2016

Papertrey Ink Februrary Blog Hop Challenge

Inspiration

Above is the photo we must draw inspiration from in order to make a project to complete the latest PTI blog hop challenge. I loved the soft pink rose and the different shade of green so that was my color focus.

I also used a wonderful sketch  from design team Kay Miller posted here in the December 2015 newsletter.  I just loved that plate in the photo as it kind of grounded the whole collection of elements and brought everything together so I that is why I sought out a sketch with a circle.

Here is my card:


 I decided to instead of cutting out a circle to stitch one using embroidery floss.  After looking at this photo though I probably should have used a larger circle.  I still love the effect and hopefully will remember to do stitching on my cards more in the future.  In order to get a very soft rose I stamped it in my lightest three pinks.
Layer 1 PTI Sweet Blush
Layer 2 Momento Angel Pink
Layer 3 PTI Lovely Lady.
I stamped each of these colors twice so I would get some contrast between the layers.
I added the harvest berry leaves in the two colors of green shown in the photo.  To finish off the floral arrangement I added little 3 flower clusters which are actually part of a nostalgic button stamp set.  I heat embossed them in white.  I used two colors of sharpie fine line markers to draw in the stems.  First a green but then I wrote over them in grey to tone down the bright green color a bit since the flower stems are in the background.  It's hard to tell in the photo but I added a small pink dot in the center of each flower with a sparkly Copic glitter marker.  The largest flower is popped up for dimension.  Thanks to my MISTI I did 5 of these cards in no time.   I think the stitching took longer than the stamping!

Supplies listed and linked below:
PTI=Papertrey Ink

PTI The Sweet Life Stamp Set

PTI The Sweet Life Die Collection (set of 2)

PTI Harvest Berries Stamp Set

PTI Harvest Berries Die Collection (set of 3)

PTI Sweet Blush Dye Ink

PTILovely Lady Dye Ink

PTI Spring Moss Dye Ink

PTI Nostalgic Notions Buttons Stamp Set
The stitched circle was created with the hole piercing die from this Quickutz set which is no longer available


Thanks for stopping by! Please come back again!
Share:

17 comments:

Patti said...

Wow!! I am LOVING your floss circle! what a clever idea. : ) Your card is simply lovely!!

Sherrie M. said...

GORGEOUS card Shelly! Love how you used a bunch of different sets to create this.

Joy2Scrapbook said...

A beautiful card, the roses are lovely! The stitched frame is a nice touch.

Keri said...

It's perfect! Love the layout and those flowers! Gah! :)

Rosemary said...

beautiful card... love that you stitched the circle!

Marcia Hill said...

This is just gorgeous and I love your stitched circle! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Ellen said...

I'm impressed by your stitched circle, what a beautiful way to showcase your focal point!

Kristii said...

Very pretty! Love the stitched circle and the roses are beautiful!

paperkicks said...

Love the circle, and the combinations of pink inks to stamp the flowers. Gorgeous!

PiecesbyEmily said...

Beautiful, love the stitched circle as well!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the stitched circle and gorgeous floral cluster!

Gina said...

So beautiful, Shelly! I really like the colors you used for the roses.

Michele Kovack said...

Your card is beautiful!!

Kathy Mc said...

Your roses are beautiful, Shelly, and love the stitched circle as a backdrop. Yay for you making 5 of the same card. I need to do that more often but am never sure if I'm going to like my original so seldom make multiples until later. Great way to build a stash though.

Unknown said...

I love your card - the pink and brown, the roses, and the stitched circle. It's just a beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card with so many pretty elements. I think the stitched circle is the perfect size and your stitching is just lovely.