Sunday, March 06, 2016

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #241: Ombre Stenciled Backgrounds and colourQ challenge #331.

This week's Make it Monday technique over at Papertrey Ink involves ink blending and then using a stencil over the ink blended background.  Betsy does a splendid job showing us exactly how to do ink blended backgrounds without harsh lines.  Check out the wonderful video here.

I didn't feel like choosing a color palette so I used the gorgeous colors in the latest Colour Q challenge.

I absolutely love these colors!  In fact my favorite color is turquoise.  So I couldn't wait to work with this beautiful color scheme!

I sponged on my backgound colors from light on the bottom to dark on top.  I then laid a stencil over my background and sponged again the same colors over top the stecil being sure to over lap so the colors can blend.  I fussy cut the flower but had a die for the leaves.  I very rarely use a color other than green for leaves but I like this grey color for foliage in this card.  I added darker highlights to the inner flower petals using a grey (C5) Copic marker.  I also shaded in between the petals to give more depth using grey (C3) Copic marker.  The flower was popped off the card with foam.  The sentiment was heat embossed and a few blue sequins finishes the card.

Supplies are listed and linked below:

PTI Think Big Favorites #12 Mini Stamp Set

PTIRosie Posie Stamp Set

PTI Rosie Posie Die Collection (set of 3)


PTI Aqua Mist Dye Ink

Thanks for stopping by! Please come back again!
Share:

2 comments:

Lyn said...

Love what you did for this weeks challenge <3

Lisa Elton said...

This is ever so pretty, wonderful background! Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!