Monday, January 25, 2016

Papertrey January Blog Hop Challenge

Hello! It's time for another Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. This month Nicole has picked out a wonderful piece of art by Rex Ray to inspire us to create a card.

For some reason when I looked at this photo I thought of balloons floating in the sky so thus the card below was born:

I created a soft cloud background using Jennifer McGuire's wonderful technique using  distress ink found here.  I used foam tape to pop up three of the ballons for more dimension.  I think if I were to make this card again I would mask off the greeting so the balloon strings run behind it.  I would love to try this using balloons die cut from scrap cardstock.  This would make a good scrapbuster card!  I also like that it could work for masculine bithdays...a topic I often struggle with!

Supplies listed and linked below:

PTI Birthday Style Stamp Set

PTI Birthday Style Dies

Momento Tangelo Dye Ink



Momento Rich Cocoa Dye Ink

Broken China Distress Ink
PTI=Papertrey Ink
Thanks for stopping by! Please come back again!
Share:

7 comments:

Marybeth said...

Shelly I love the balloons with the clouds in the sky ! Great take on the photo!

Kristii said...

What a fun card! So festive and a perfect take on the challenge!

Kathy said...

What a fun, colorful birthday card drawing from the inspiration photo!

Tonya Jastad said...

Great card! Love the clouds and the color of the balloons!

Diana K said...

I adore this fun card! I tried so hard to make a card with balloons and couldn't manage it :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

artful-notions said...

Shelly, your cloudy bg is fabulous! And the balloons are the sweetest. Love the orange against the aqua sky!