Friday, October 22, 2010

Frugal Fridays: Get your kettle corn here just $1.00 today only, Halloween treats, and masculine birthday card.

Howdy,
Happy Halloween!  Can you believe trick or treating is next week?!  I can't!  Where has this month gone!  Guess we'd better get those pumpkin carved!  Tyler keeps talking about how he's going to poke the holes and carve his pumpkin.  He just loves finding the perfect pattern!   He also wants me to cut vinyl faces to put on pumpkins he and his sister painted in rainbow colors at one of the Fall activities Daddy took them to.  You know what we'll be doing this weekend!

Now on to the Frugal Friday special.  For today only you get my Sweet Treats file for just $1.00.  The special price will disappear at midnight EST tonight 10/22/10 so hurry up and click on the words above the preview if you want it.  Popcorn cuts separately so you could use it only for a movie night layout or invite.  I just love kettle corn and we are going to an event at Shaver's Creek this weekend so hopefully we can bring some home! 

Sweet Treats


I finally got a chance to work on some new files just in time for Halloween!  These are perfect to give to special trick or treaters or teachers.

First up I have some Ttic Tac holders.  All you need is the Big pack of Tic Tacs, 12 inches of ribbon and some paper to make these adorable treats!

Pictured below is the collection but each one is available for individual purchase.

Tic Tac Holder Collection

CDT member Kelly Stone created these for me!  Didn't she do a fabulous job!  I know it's hard to see the details and all the small touches Kelly put into these.  If you click on the photo you can make it larger or go to my store and click on the words below to see each one individually. (I didn't want to make this post too long by posting photos of each one!)

Ghost Tic Tac Holder
Cat Tic Tac Holder
Pumpkin Tic Tac Holder

If you have visited my blog in the past or the Paperthreads forum you know that Sue Shaff is known as the energizer bunny.  A new file will hit the store and within minutes it seems Sue will have a project made using it.  Today is no different.  Sue has two amazing Tic Tac holder to share with us.


Sue used of all things melted crayons to color the die cuts.  Every since Laury showed the technique video here Sue has become obsessed with crayons!  The end results are grand and as Sue told me it's great to cut the die cuts out of white paper and use a crayon to color them instead of trying to find the perfect paper from her stash.  I especially love the glitter crayon she used on the ghost making it sooo eerie looking!   I can't wait to try this technique but I must do it when my kiddos go to bed...can you imagine their reaction at me melting their crayons!    Oh and Sue had a brilliant idea in that she stuck clear contact paper to the Tic Tac holder to protect them from dirt and handling! 

You know what since you have seen a close up of the other two holders I think it only would be fair to Kelly to post the cat one.  So here you go...

If you click on the photo to make it larger you can see Kelly (the embossing Queen) used a great embossing folder on the base of the holder.  She also added little "studs" to the cat's collar.  The face is nice and sparkly as Kelly used some light yellow shimmer paper from the Paper Temptress and used markers to color the eyes and lips.  See I told you Kelly did an awesome job on these!

Kelly didn't stop at the Tic Tac holders she also created for me my Halloween Wrapper file. 

I just love how she used colored core paper (find out how to make your own colored core paper by reading my tut here) then embossed  with the Swiss Dots folder and sanded dots on the hat.  She used the Textile embossing folder on the pumpkin too.  It's the same one Sue used.  I never would have thought pumpkins when looking at this folder but it looks amazing!   I also love her spider web paper...a nice change from the traditional black web paper.

 That pretty much sums up the new files I have done.  If you'd rather see all of them in my store at once you can click here to view them.  I have one more Halloween file I'd like to get done so you have it for your Halloween layouts.  After that Christmas files!  I haven't forgotten about the Blog candy...at 200 files I will put something together for you.

I needed a masculine birthday card.  So here is what I came up with.
I was trying to decide what color to make the sentiment but couldn't decide so I randomly added all three colors to my title with my Copics before removing it from the mat.  I am pretty happy with the results and it was sooo easy.  I used my all purpose sentiment file.  Click on the words above the preview to purchase.  The mat isn't included but if you e-mail me at shellys art @ verizon.net (no spaces please) and tell me what format you need I'll be happy to send you the mat.


All Purpose Sentiments
For those of you who are into digtal scrapbooking I have a new file and CDT Caz has a special treat for you too.
Digital Layout Template 2
This template will let you create a layout within minutes by simply clipping paper to the template or adding styles.  As and added bonus Caz has a great kit and quick page to give you too.

Aren't they great!  I can't believe she is giving them away for FREE!  Visit her blog to get them here

Thanks for stopping by! Have a glorious weekend!

Share:

1 comments:

Caroline said...

Those Halloween projects are gorgeous! and I really love the colours you have used in your card. Have a wonderful weekend!