Friday, October 15, 2010

Frugal Fridays: Buzz..buzz....bee lollipop files only $1.00....get 'em before they buzz away and penguin time!

Howdy,
     I've got plenty to do today so I'll get right to the Frugal Friday special.  For only $1.00 you can purchase the file to make these whimsical bee lollipops.  Eliminate the tag and these definitely would work for Halloween treats too.   Click on the words above the photos to purchase.   Hurry though the price will buzz away at midnight EST today 10/15/2010. 


Bee Mine Lollipop Decoration
It's freezing today so it's the perfect time to bring on the penguins!  I have a few projects to share with you using my Winter Penguin file and another very talented lady by the name of Shelly also has a few to share too.  Without further ado let's bring out the penguins!

 Shelly M just recently joined the Paperthreads forum.  I'm soooo glad she did!  I just love her work.  She is super talented!  (Besides I've gotta love someone whose name is the same as mine! LOL!)  The card she created is for my Oct. card sketch challenge (using Aussie Caz's sketch) on the Paperthreads forum.  Here is what Shelly had to say about her wonderful card.

"I experimented and found that I could cut ScorTape (double sided tape)! Soooo exciting (well, for me)! I used the lowest speed, I was so afraid of tearing it. It cut beautifully and I layered it with the regular snowflakes I cut out and used Dazzling Diamonds on it. The big snowflakes are Spellbinder dies, however, in the center of the Spellbinder dies is the snowflake that came with the penguin. Supplies: My Mind's Eye & K&Co dp, PTI ribbon & card stock, Oval Nesties, scortape, dazzling diamonds."

Isn't that great that she was able to cut score tape to make the snowflakes.   This would make them super easy to add the glitter to.

I am blown away by the luminary!  It's sooo great looking!  I may just have to make some of these as Xmas gifts this year.  They would be great for our church bizarre too.  You simply must visit Shelly's blog to get the deets on this wonderful  luminary project.  There is a surprise inside the luminary.  Want to know what it is?  Click here to go to Shelly's blog and find out.   It really is a great place to visit so grab some coffee or tea and go have a look!

Well I was greatly inspired by Shelly's penguin card so I decided to create one of my own.  Well two of my own.

The one above I did for Christie's Operation Write Home Challenge.   Click here to read more about the challenge.   It's such a worthy cause and I had soo much fun making this especially since I knew who it went to.  Christie is even offering a prize for entering her challenge.  Helping the soldiers and the chance of winning a prize what could be better! Hurry though only a few days left to enter.   I hope to get a few more cards done to send to Christie before the deadline.
I wasn't allowed to use glitter since it can flake off and put the soldiers in danger...soo I opted for shimmery paper from the Paper Temptress.   Patricia has the most gorgeous paper!  If you click on the photo you'll see I added some pom poms from some fiber I had for the tassel on the hat and scarf.  I think it turned out pretty cute...thanks for the inspiration Shelly!

I did follow Caz's wonderful sketch for my solider card but I had to make it the size stated in the rules.  Plus I sooo wanted to use the Dazzling Diamonds glitter Sandra graciously put in our goodie bags at the retreat...soo...
I used acetate to cut the snowflakes then applied the glitter..I just love the translucent nature of the snowflakes done this way.  They look much prettier in person!  I just love this glitter and will be purchasing more in the future!  Shhh don't tell hubby he hates glitter!  LOL!  A girl's gotta have her diamonds right!

Oh and I thought I'd share one more use for this file that I made last year.   My son's school mascot is a penguin so I attached the penguin to a bottle of hand sanitizer as a gift for his teacher. I used Flower Soft for the penguin's hat and scarf.  (Find out how to make your own version of Flower Soft  here) I just used contact paper to protect the penguin from the hand sanitizer. 

If that's still not enough inspiration Sue Shaff has a cute little photo ornament using this file also. 

If any of these projects have inspired you to get started on those gifts and cards please click on the words above the preview to purchase your own little Winter penguin.

Winter Penguin

Okay I've gotta get busy on some new files for Halloween before it's over!  I'm off to work on them.  I have plans for a tic tac holder and candy bar wrapper so stayed tuned!

Make it a fabulous weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Share:

5 comments:

Anna said...

Great projects and such adorable files!!!

Shelly said...

I'm so glad you created this little penguin, looks like you had as much fun with him as I did. Your cards are great, I love all the details...beautifully done!

Shelly said...

Forgot to say that my husband doesn't particularly like glitter either...imagine his look when he came home from work one night and saw dazzling diamonds on his forehead. Guess my kiss before he left for work stuck with him all day! lol!

Unknown said...

Just love the penguin cards. They are so cute!!! Beautifully done!

Anonymous said...

Adorable--haha! the penguins are just sooooo cute!

all the cricky best,
kandrew