Friday, October 08, 2010

Frugal Fridays: Gift Bag Die Cut with Buttons $1.00 today only and a Fall Twig Tree

Hello everyone!
So how's the weather in your neck of the woods?  It's been rather odd here.  Frigid temps at the beginning of the week forced us to turn our heat on.  It was soo cold going to the bus stop in the morning  that I had to put Adoree's Winter coat on her.  Right now it's in the 40s but by mid afternoon it is suppose to be 70s.  Makes it soo hard to dress..think I need a bigger closet so I can store Winter and Summer clothes side by side to deal with Mother Nature's fickle mind!  LOL! 

Today's Frugal Friday special is my Gift Bag Die Cut with Buttons.  It is on sale today only for $1.00.  Hurry though this price will disappear at midnight EST tonight Oct. 8, 2010.  This really is a versatile file which will work for scrapbook pages, cards and more. Click on the words above the preview to purchase the file but before you go I do have a few projects to share with you.

Gift Bag Die Cut with Buttons

Check out this awesome gift tag CDT member Lisa did with my gift bag die cut with buttons file.

She used Sam and Hailey's Designs 9 x 4 gift bag file for the bag and my Gift Bag Die Cut with Buttons for he cute little gift tag.  Isn't this little set just adorable.  You could use Christmas paper and change the flower to red to make a poinsettia to make a set like this for Christmas too. For Halloween you could add a ghost or pumpkin shape from my Chocolate Nugget Treat Purse file. 

Here is a layout I made a long time ago but it shows you another way you can use the gift bag die cut file.


Lastly, I have a project done by Sue.    She created this great card for my Oct sketch challenge (the sketch is designed by Aussie Caz...isn't it great!) using my Festive Twig Tree file.    


See that gorgeous ribbon...Sue got if from Scotland by winning Jennie Bean's challenge last year.  Isn't it gorgeous!  If you would like to win some goodies from Scotland  too be sure to check out Bean's challenge this year on the Paperthreads forum here.  Sue used Laury's melted crayon technique for the leaves and pot...you can see Laury's video here.  This technique looks like soo much fun but I just know I'll have to do it when the kids aren't around...I don't want to see what they think of me melting their crayons and I don't want them to think it's okay for them to do it either!  Oh and if you would like to join my Oct card sketch challenge..it's not too late..check out the deets in the Paperthreads forum here.

Festive Twig Tree
 

I just had to share with you this photo.  Laury made me this pretty pink pearl bracelet and gave it to me at the retreat!  What a precious gift this is.   Thanks Laury!  I asked Laury if it would be okay for Adoree to wear this as a necklace instead.  I showed Adoree when I got home from the retreat and she couldn't wait to wear it to church.  She loves dressing up!  One week for church I wanted to put pants on her and she said "but pants don't make me look like a princess!".  Now with this precious necklace on she did indeed look like a princess.  The clasp is a heart and she had to have it on the front.   Where has my baby gone!  She definitely doesn't look 3 in this photo!  Did you see her hair is finally growing in...she has officially stopped sucking her thumb and I'm hoping she is going to continue to let her hair grow in.  We can't wait to do some hairstyling!

Well my battery is going dead and I need to get ready for a crop tonight and tomorrow.  So..I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Share:

1 comments:

Sue aka barracudasue said...

Adoree looks SO cute in that necklace that Laury made! Great job on her part and Adoree just makes it look even better! :)