Friday, February 11, 2011

Frugal Fridays: $1.00 Nutty Valentine, CDT projects, Stampin' Up tip, and sneak peek at a new file.

Do you have your Valentines done?  We'll here is your chance to pick up a nutty Valentine for only $1.00.  Click here to purchase my I'm Nuts About You Card.  Hurry though this price expires at midnight EST today 2/11/11.  Before you leave though I have some awesome projects done by my Creative Design Team.  Week after week my e-mail box fills with such wonderful projects!  I am soo lucky to have such a talented bunch of ladies on my side!

Isn't this Valentine by Shelly just terrifically whimsical?  I love how she combined my Birds of a Feather file with my Valentine Set to make this great card.  My favorite part of the card is the actual use of feathers...it's begging touch me!  I also love the white accents and the doodling on the branch.  Great job Shelly!  If you would like to "case" Shelly's card click on the words above the previews to buy the files needed.

Valentine Set

Birds of a Feather



Kelly also was busy making a wonderful Valentine too.  Laury...a fellow Paperthreads designer designed this huggable card.  You can see it here.  I just love it!  Kelly used some of the files from my Lovely Layout to design the front of her card.  Way to go Kelly thinking outside the box..seeing more than just a layout in that file.  I just love the shimmery paper she used also. If you would like to purchase this file click on the words above the preview

Lovely Layout
Well I don't know about you but I'm soo tired of putting on numerous layers of clothing and such just to be able to endure the bus stop without freezing!  I long for the days of heading out the door with just a pair of shoes!  I have thoughts of Spring in my head and I think Shelly did too check out her great butterfly card below.



Yep...I wish these butterflies could fly off this card and bring warm weather to my world!   Oh well I'm sure warmth will come soon enough and I'll be complaining it's too HOT! LOL!   Shelly got our her airbrush to make the butterflies wings come to life.  The stamps/dies she used were from Papertrey Ink.  The butterflies are from my 3-D butterflies file.  Click on the words above the preview to
purchase this file.    

3-D Butterflies

Now I promised you a little sneak peek at my newest file.  Here it is...it's the first installment in a fruit digi collection.  Let me know what you think and also pass along any "fruity" sentiments you can think of please.  I'm not sure I'll stick with that font.   I have seen where you can add Kool Aid to embossing powder to make a "smelly" card...I think these digis would be perfect for that!


Stampin' Up Tip

I am not an expert stamper by any means but I recently have gotten back into stamping.  I know there are many companies out there that sell stamps but Stampin Up is the only company in which I know the stamps will last a very long time.  I have some from 1994 that are still in like new condition!  So I decided to cash in on some of the deals and freebie during Sale-a-bration..knowing I was making a good investment.

I am loving the new clear mount stamps! Okay the tip is to save the sticker sheets once applying the cling sticker to your stamps.  You can use these scraps to turn your wood mounted stamps into cling mounted.  Remember you don't need the entire stamp to be covered with the cling sticker for it to stick.  The smaller stamps you can get away with a scrap in the middle.  The larger ones make sure you have your edges covered and one smaller scrap in the middle.  I ordered the Loads of Love stamp set.  It only came wood mount so instead of mounting it on the wood I placed the sticker directly onto the grey foam and cut off the excess then I applied the remnants from my clear mount sticker sheets on top of that sticker to make them stick to acrylic blocks.  I was able to use the remnants to make 4 SU wood mounted stamp sets into clear mount and I still have enough left to do one more set.  I am working on my stamp storage system so I will share that with you along with photos when I get it done.  Oh and here is a tut on how to unmount stamps for you to look at in case you don't understand the whole sticker on the foam thing I was talking about.

Okay time for lunch!  Have a great weekend and stay warm!
Share:

0 comments: