Monday, July 25, 2016

SAF 2016: Pointillism Play with Heather Nichols

Next up I believe is one of my favorite techniques.  It involved mimicking pointillism artwork.  This means artwork comprised of dots of color to make an image.  Heather taught us how to color a outline image using the end of a pencil eraser and some dot stamps.  I loved this!  There is something so carefree and fun about using dots to color in an image instead of the precise coloring normally involved used with Copics or colored pencils to color.  It really is amazing how the image starts to take shape the more dots you add.  You really can get a lot of dimension with this type of stamping.

I only have a handful of outline type stamps.  This is the only one I have that is large enough for this technique.  So thus I used the Peonies on Parade stamp set.  I used Momento Lulu lavendar, PTI amethyst allure and PTI plum pudding for my purples.  I used PTI spring moss and Momento Pistachio for the leaves.  PTI lemon tart and bright buttercup make up the center of the flower.  The sentiment is from Graceful Greetings II.  Everyone kept telling me how great the graceful greetings I stamp set was but I was still on the fence.  So when the second installment came out and I saw they had a sympathy and a get well sentiment I decided to jump on in.  I am glad I did and now the Graceful Greetings I is on my wish list!  I guess I can only run beside the bandwagon for so long before getting aboard!  I added the border from the no longer available PTI Nostalgic notions kit to the side but I felt I needed a darker purple element yet.  I didn't want to do sequins or any frilly ribbon since this is a sympathy card so I opted to color the border in with a Copic marker.    I was quite pleased with he way this looks and will have to remember to do it more in the future.

Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back again!



Share:

0 comments: