Monday, July 25, 2016

SAF 2016: Masterpiece Inspirations with the Team

The next SAF challenge I participated in involved the design team each choosing a particular piece of artwork that inspired them to create a card similar to that piece.  I decided to mimic a beautiful card by Danielle Flanders.  In fact I decided to copy it outright..why mess with perfection right!?!



You can see Danielle's card better on her blog here. I used the brushed blooms stamp set and the exact colors Danielle did but for some reason I had a hard time blending out that Americana ink..it looked really brown so I kept adding more and more pale peony until I got it mostly blended so as you can see below my card is much darker.

I struggled a little with the background too.  I am not good at free form artistic strokes so I played around with this for a while adding ink...water...ink until I got this which looked acceptable to me!  I used a sentiment from Keep It Simple:  Encouragement because I wanted to send it to a friend who is undergoing surgery this week. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back again!

Share:

0 comments: