Friday, April 04, 2014

Card A Day Blog Post: Sympathy


Hello everyone!  How are you?!  What is the weather like in your neck of the woods?  It is rainy here but I'm not complaining since it's making the Spring flowers burst through the ground and also making the grass greener.  Plus this rainy weather helped put me in the mood to make a sympathy card for the Card a Day blog.  I always dread making these cards because it is such a somber occasion and it's hard to convey the right message with just a card.  However, it's good to have these on hand so I am happy to have one in my stash.

I made a card similar to this in the past you can find it here.  I found this awesome sentiment through pinterest..it didn't have a source website but you can find it here.  I printed it 4 to a page making it easy to grab one and have a finished card in no time.  I used my 3-D butterflies file.  I just love the depth they add to a card!  It's hard to tell in the photo but I used black Stickles on the butterfly's bodies.  This style of card is a great way to use up some of that printed ribbon and lace trim I just loved but couldn't seem to find a use for. It it based on Mojo Monday's sketch 327.   Some sequins finish up the card.  Not sure if the sequins are too much..making the card gaudy but I just felt it needed one more bit of jazz.


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a fabulous weekend!  Please stop by again!



Share:

1 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Gorgeous card, just beautiful :)