Thursday, March 27, 2014

Card A Day Blog Post: Easter

Hello!  Can you believe March is almost over?  Where has the time gone?!  It feels like Winter at my house with these cold temps so I am having a hard time realizing it is indeed Spring!  So I was more than happy to make an Easter themed card for Card A Day Blog this week.  It was lots of fun to work with the fun pastel colors and gave me hopes of warmer weather soon.

I came across this patterned paper in my stash.  The patterns reminded me of Easter eggs for some reason.  However, it had the grungy brown detailing to it.  I liked that but had to think of a way to incorporate that color into the pastel theme of Easter.  So viola..I pulled out my Easter Tree Digital Stamp. I colored the tree brown thus incorporating the grungy color with the pastel Easter eggs.  I also added some glitter glue to each egg for some sparkle.  The card started with my newest file Card Base 3.  This file is perfect for showcasing taller stamps like my tree! Some rick rack finishes off the card.  If you would like to purchase any of the files I used for this card...please click on the previews below to be taken directly to my store.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Please come back again!  Enjoy the rest of your week!


Share:

2 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card Shelly, so Easter festive with the colors. We see a few of these types of trees in the yards driving by houses back and forth to work. They can be very funny trees once in awhile :)

kathy serrahn said...

awesome card