Monday, October 22, 2012

Play Date Cafe and Color Throwdown Challenges

Hi everyone,
I went to a crop this weekend.  It was soo much fun!  I actually got a few cards done for two color challenges.


Here is what I came up with for this challenge.

I wasn't sure I liked these colors at first but once I put them on paper I think they look great!  I copied an amazing card from Betsy Veldman.  You can see it here.  I just love the layout of the card.  I'd like to try it with Christmas colors and a poinsettia in place of the rose.  So you may just see that in future.

supplies:
Stamps:  PTI Rosie Posie, PTI Everyday Classics (sentiment), PTI Happy Hexagons, PTI Spot and Dots (bottom border)
Ink:  all Momento Potter's Clay, Sweet Plum and Grape Jelly
Copic markers used to shade rose but sorry can't remember what color

I had to make a birthday card for my uncle.  So I decided to mimic a card I had done previously but just make it more masculine and use the colors above.  I still like the feminine one better.  You can find it here.   But I am terrible at making masculine cards...flowers and fru fru are so ME!  Anyway, it will go in the mail regardless!

supplies:
Stamps: PTI Happy Hexagons, PTI Honey Bees (sentiment)
Ribbon:  from my stash
Die cuts:  Card Base 11..stamped hexagons over the overlay frame and then removed.   Birthday designed by me cut on my KNK

I hope to participate in a few more challenges this week so stay tuned!  Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back again!
Share:

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Great cards, now I want the stamp sets and overlay you used. TFS

Deb c said...

Oh Shelly such a pretty card love the colours too
And the birthday card - simple and clean - makes it stand out - maybe another copy cat will be inspired

bzyPTmom said...

Love both your cards--the colors are awesome, I wouldn't have thought to use the first combo either.

Joan Ervin said...

I sooo love all the hexagons...both cards are fantastic!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Caroline said...

love these cards and the colour schemes!

Rachel W K said...

the pattern paper in the hexagons is the perfect fit for our colors! this card is so so lovely. Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Donna Bowman said...

Very pretty card! Love the hexagons! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

~amy~ said...

awesome cards...I LOVE hexies:) Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

Oh these are just fabulous! I LOVE the combination of hexagons with those flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Play Date Cafe during our 3rd Anniversary Celebrations!!