Sunday, August 26, 2012

Christmas: PTI MIM #79 Fabric Die Cuts and MFW gallon, quart, pint challenges

Do you think about using fabric when creating your projects?  I mostly do cards and scrapbooking.  I help the ladies at church make quilts and they have been giving me their left over fabric.  So I do have some to use but it was soo disorganized I didn't know what I had!  So I never thought to pull it out when crafting much.  The latest Make it Monday video from Papertrey ink has inspired me to sort my fabrics by color and put them where I know I can access them.  Melissa shows her tricks for cutting fabric with manual dies in a wonderful video here.  She challenged us to dig out some fabric too.

I'm afraid I don't have many Papertrey ink manual dies.  But I do have the vintage picnic set.  This is one of the first sets I had purchased of PTI's.  I just love how it's so versatile and you can fill the basket with many things.  I had yet to use it though!  Gasp!  I had this red and green plaid fabric that reminded me of a picnic basket liner so I figured it would be perfect.  The burlap ribbon from the previous card was still sitting out and it reminded me of a woven basket so thus I used it.  It stamped amazingly well!  This red ribbon with green stitching and green backing matched my card perfectly!  I colored the image with Copics quickly adding some glitter glue to the star and berries to liven them up a bit.  The bow is topped with a terry cloth star..too cute!  Woo Hoo!  One Christmas card complete!  I may add a sentiment to it yet..but which sentiment I use depends on whether this card with accompany a gift or not. 

I am also entering this card in the Gallon/Quart/Pint Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  They discuss the rules of using certain amounts of color in your projects for an eye pleasing effect.  Check out the deets here. I never realized how well this rule works until I checked out their examples and put the rules into effect myself.  I used green as my gallon color (most use) then red is my quart color and yellow is my pint color (least used).  The little pops of yellow really adds to the card keeping it lively!  I will definitely pay more attention to this rule in the future!

Supplies:
Papertrey Ink: Vintage Picnic Stamps and Dies
Ribbon, paper, and terry cloth star: from my stash
Fabric: Plaid scallop circle and picnic basket liner
Nestabilities scallop circle and plain circle die
Studio G and Stickles glitter glue 

Adoree had her first soccer game today.  I will share some photos soon.  I'm very tired tonight for some reason so I must catch some ZZZs!  Thanks for stopping by and please come back to visit me again!


Share:

4 comments:

kathy serrahn said...

awesome card, love the combinations of colors and elements

tonyamaries said...

Such a great card! Love the color combo and that basket is super cute!

Rhonda said...

Fabulous ideas to use the picnic basket Shelly.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Shelly! Thanks for linking this up to the Gallon/Quart/Pint Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)