Sunday, September 02, 2012

Papertrey Ink MakeItMonday#80: Making a Garland

Ashely shares a wonderful technique for making garlands to add to your paper crafting projects. Check it out here. At first I was going to make a card like usual. However,I remembered I had this layout I started at a crop. It had a vast area of white space. I don't accept white space well. I have seen others use it effectively but ME I am quite uncomfortable with white space. So... I decided to fill the space with a cute little garland made of flip flops.




The first photo is of the layout complete but I did this photo just by piecing together both sides.  I should have just taken a layout of the two sides already together in real life as it really does line up better that way.  Oh well..live and learn!  The last photo is a close up (sorry it's blurry!) of the adorable flip flops.  I used PTI's flippin' out die.  Once again burlap (are you tired of me using that yet?) was used for the straps.  I cut out white felt flowers and colored them with Copics finishing off the centers with rhinestones.  On the left hand side to carry out the theme I made a garland for the date and a matching flower mimicking the supplies used in the flip flops.  I think this is a cute way to fill in all that white space!  Although the photos really don't do justice to the layout.   Note to self: must work on photography skills! Oh and the wavy yellow borders were cut using my lovely layers digital cutting file.  If you would like to purchase it please click here.  I also stitched little starburst uing my Sew Easy and variegated yellow floss.



Supplies:
Shelly's Art Lovely Layout digital cutter file
Paper from and old Transparent Touches kit
Dies: Papertrey Ink Flippin' Out for flip flops, Title and Beach ball from a Cricit cartridge (used this at a crop..sorry don't know which cartridge)
Sew Easy stitching tool with yellow variegated embroidery floss (starbrust)
Burlap and Twine from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back again!





Share:

0 comments: