Sunday, June 17, 2012

We love you Dad and sale continues!

Dads deserve soo much thanks today. I can't image what I would do without the men in my life. I admire those of you who are single Moms! I know there are times we take things for granted but it's nice to have one day set aside to really tell our men how special they are! Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dad's out in the world!

My sale continues so if you need a little something to complete your Dad projects simply hop on over to my store here and save some money. 

I had 3 cards to make for Dad's day this year so I decide to create a few files to help me with this task. I always start out making things early but days don't go as planned and I fall behind.  You saw one of the cards in yesterday's post.  I ended up just simply making two of these to save time.

Well you see I sat down and managed to get the truck from Stampin' Up's Loads of Love stamp set colored with Copics.  I also heat embossed the silver accents and added a little Spica glitter markers to the hearts.  I thought I had paper to go with this image but as it turned out nothing I had worked out right...so...I decided to make some papers.  I wanted something masculine but not dark and dreary..something that would work for Dad but also for children and feminine projects too so that is why I decided to add the pop of yellow.  So I finished designing the papers and had intended to use my Card Base 9 cutter file to complete the card.  However I was running short on time.  So I decided to use the digital version Digi Card Template 5.  to speed things up a bit.  The base is one layer with the diamond border from the cutter file and other accents added over top.  This saved lots of time since all I had to do was clip the papers to the template and print.  I even printed another one at the same time..this way I would have one to use later.  Oh and I just printed this on plain white cardstock.  But if you click on the photo you will see the card has some texture to it.  (Sorry for the dark photo..one of these days I will invest in a light box)  I used a Stampin' Up texture plate to achieve this.  I really like how it give a little depth to the one layer printout.


The above card is completely digital.  I can print several of these and have them ready at a moments notice for when..gasp..I forget a birthday or something!  I used Digi Card Template 5, Ziggity Zag digital papers, and Ice Cream with Bowl digi template. These type of cards are also great for Operation Write Home (OWH) since they are completely flat and you can print many at once to send.

If you would like to purchase any of the files used in my above cards please click on the previews below.








My talented creative design team member Kelly Stone also has been busy with one of my newer files.  She used my Father's Day Shirt file to make cards for the special men in her life.




Aren't they great looking shirts and cards!  I love how Kelly inked the blue gingham pieces to give the shirt lots of depth.  I also love how Kelly tilted the orange striped shirt slightly..makes it more fun!  Please click the preview below if you'd like to purchase this shirt file. 


Have an absolutely wonderful Father's Day weekend!  Thanks for stopping by and please come back again!  I soo enjoy your company and comments!





Share:

1 comments:

Mayol said...

Great Dad's Day cards! I haven't tried digis before :) thanks for the inspiration!