Sunday, May 27, 2012

Papertrey Ink MIM #67 Mixing Pattern Papers and Sale continues

All of the items in my store (Shelly's Art) are currently on sale for 30% off now through tomorrow.  Monday, May 28, 2012.  This includes digital cutter files, digital stamps and digital scrapbooking kits.  Click here to be taken to my store.  Before you go though I'd like to share with you my take on the PTI MIM #67.

I was inspired by a card by Gencass.  See a photo of it here.   I love the layout of her card and the use of pattern papers.  My papers are all from a kit so it's not a very daring use of patterns.  They all actually kind of  blend together actually.  I love Betsy's card.  I listened intently to the video and did actually look through my scraps to try and find 3 papers that matched but I couldn't for the life of me find any!  I have pinned the tut and one of these I will duplicate Betsy's card!  I had soo much fun using PTI's flip flop diesand stamps !  My 5 year old daughter helped me choose which pattern would be used for the flip flops and how to decorate them.  I love that she loves to craft!  We made this for my son's bus driver.  I should have used the enjoy your vacation sentiment but I guess this works too.  I used a spellbinders die and inked the middle while still in the die so it left a white border.  I didn't like the space to the right of the flip flops and really wanted a sun there but I didn't have one so I improvised and use the crown (from Honey Bees).  Turned upside down it kinda resembles a sun..don't you think? 

I've gotta run!  Adoree got a new pool for her birthday and she has been dying to use it!  Happy Memorial Day!  Have a wonderful weekend!


Share:

1 comments:

Vanessa said...

I never would have known it was not a sun. :) I like the card!