Friday, December 16, 2011

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday Challenge and Sale

Howdy,

I know we are all busy getting ready for that Christmas so I decided to just put my whole store on sale all month.  You can buy any of my designs the whole month of December 2011 for 30% off.  So if you are crafting away in the wee hours of the morning or the wee hours of the night my store is always open.  Please stop by click here

I absolutely loved the new Papertrey ink technique video.  It involves coloring embossed images with Copics.  I love finding more uses for these markers!  Check it out the video here if you missed it. I was busy making my Legal Pad Covers for Christmas gifts so I decided to incorporate this technique into one of these. 
Here is a close up of the colored embossed image.
The inside:
I used the Round and Round 2009 anniversary set from Papertrey Ink. I love the images in this set but often felt they would look better in multiple colors. I don't own any stamping markers so I was thrilled to find this technique and I love how this turned out! The tree branch is thin and hard to color but I think the uneveness of the coloring adds to the look of the bark.  I also used the PTI die mat stack 2 along with some spellbinders, grey baker's twine  and rhinestones to enhance the focal point.    Oh and the papers are from K and Company

Well I was on a role with these Legal Pad Covers so I decided to make another one to give to our hairdresser.
I used my 3-D Butterflies file accented with some rhinestones and some stiff paper twine for the a
antenna.  I used a bead cap and matching rhinestone to the lace.  My hairdresser is going to keep this by her computer as she said she is always wanting to write some stuff down but can't find any paper.

I'm totally addicted to making these things!  I'm making two more for Adoree's teachers.  Hopefully, one of these days I can make one for myself.  I just love what my design team member Kelly Stone did.  She made one to take to the grocery store.  The pocket holds coupons.  Check it out below.


inside:
Don't you just love it! Yeppers...I'm going to make one of these someday! I don't know if I could convince hubby to take a floral one to the store though. LOL!

If you would like to make a jr Legal Pad Cover yourself then please click on  previews below.

If you are still making Christmas cards...I have some great inspiration for you from CDT member Lisa Lindesmith! She used my Christmas Tickets to create a great background for her cards. The tree is an image she created herself. What great quick cards!

 If you would like to purchase my Christmas Tickets please click on the preview below.

Okay I've gotta run! Hope you are having fun preparing for the holidays! Have a fun weekend! Merry Christmas!
Share:

0 comments: