Monday, February 20, 2017

Papertrey Ink is Celebrating 10 years Part 2!

As I mentioned in my previous post PTI is celebrating 10 years in business by having several challenges.  I have listed some of the cards I made for these challenges in my previous post in case you missed it.  I will now do the rest in this post.
2010:
I actually was kindly given the hand stamp along with the die from Love Lives Here.    So I was able to make a card similar to Betsy Veldman's.
You can see more details about her card on her blog HERE.   I really appreciate the kind friend who gave me this hand stamp and die.  I belong to the event leadership committee for the Relay for Life to raise money for Cancer research.  It takes many volunteers to make this event happen.  So I wanted to create a card to thank these volunteers for lending a helping hand.  Betsy's card was too perfect not to copy.

I must have made my circle smaller than Betsy's because it just didn't fill the card well.  So thus I added the banner cut with the striped paper and some baker's twine to fill in the space.  The sentiment was generated on my computer and cut with the double ended banners die.

2011:
I didn't have any of the featured stamp sets but I was inspired by a gorgeous card by Laurie Schmidlin.
You can see more details about Laurie's card on her blog HERE.   I really liked how Laurie cut the thanks out of her floral background and popped it up a bit.   I decided to do something similar using the Color Pop Florals kit.

I didn't have the "thanks" thick and thin die so I used the hello version instead. I felt my colors popped better on black so I used that as my background.  I heat embossed all the flower and leaf details using white.
It's really hard to photograph.  But if you click to make the image larger you can see the wink of stella marker shimmer I applied to the flowers.  It really is quite pretty in real life.

2014:
Beautiful butterflies was one of the featured stamp set for 2014.  I was thrilled!  I just ordered the dies to use as a craft to make some items to sell at our Spring church and craft sale.  So  I got to work making one.

I just thought these turned out too cute!  The middle body of the butterfly is a chapstick.  I didn't come up with this idea.  I saw it on Beth-A-Palooza's blog.  Check hers out HERE.  I decided to do this as an alternative to candy treats for Easter baskets. I stamped the Happy Spring onto a tiny tag die cut.
Sorry these aren't very good photos.  I am in a rush to meet the deadline. I will be making a ton of these for the craft show.  So I will post better photos when I get those made.

2016:
Tulip Time is one of my absolute favorite sets.  I couldn't wait to pull it out to create another non candy item for our church's Spring craft fair.
That is a post it note holder with a mini pen.  I got the instructions from a video tutorial from CraftTestDummies.  Check it out HERE.  I think these would be great to give to teacher's, hairdresers, postal workers for Easter.  It's a nice practical gift that won't add calories to your hips!  I used a stencil with my clarity stencil brushes to lightly make a background for my tulips.  I love how this turned out and I can't wait to make it in different colors!

Okay I've gotta run. Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back again!
Share:

3 comments:

nancy said...

Shelly, you can see how you were inspired in your projects, but you made them your own. That butterfly chapstick is darling. I think you'll be selling a lot of those!

karen said...

I love your projects but particularly the little butterfly chapstick one. I may have to CASE it - would be a great project for the kids to do. The die on the PTI site says that it's 5 1/4 inches. Is that correct? That seems so large!

Many thanks,
Karen

Natasha said...

Wow! Your take on Betsy's hand card is amazing! I have always loved that card but been too intimidated to try it. Your colour choices are fabulous!

Love the rest as well!