Monday, February 20, 2017

Papertrey Ink Celebrating 10 years!

My absolute favorite stamping company is Papertrey Ink.  I buy 95% off my supplies off of them.  This Feb PTI celebrates 10 years in business!  To celebrate PTI has been posting challenges every day since Feb 10th.  They are celebrating the past, present, and future.  Every day they have posted a year starting with 2007 up to 2016.  They showcase popular stamp sets of the year featuring cards people have created using these stamps in the past and also one of the current DT posts a new project.  If you have one of the featured stamp sets then the challenge is to create a new project using it.  If not simply use one of the inspiring projects posted to make a new project.   Unfortunately, I came down with the flu so I was unable to meet my goal of participating in all 10 challenges but I did get some done and will split them up into to posts so not to make the posts too long.  I am in a rush so I will be back with more details later.

2007:
I didn't have any of the featured stamp sets but was inspired but a lovely card by Dawn McVey
You can see more details on her blog.  HERE.  I really liked the way Dawn used her Zig brush markers to color the solid stamps and stamp them behind the outline.  I decided to try and mimic her look by using Flutterby Friend.

I pulled out a scrap of patterned paper for my scallop and pulled the colors from it for my flowers.  I purposely used the Zig clean color real brush markers with water to extend the color beyond my outline image.  This is a first for me as I normally never stray outside of the lines.  I do like the end result though.
I added some pearl colored puff paint to add little dots to the center of the flowers.

2008:
Once again I didn't have any of the featured stamp sets but I was inspired by a wonderfully whimsical card by Lizzie Jones.
You can see more details about her card on her blog HERE. I really liked the way Lizzie used the Text block die to make a shaker element. I decided to do the same with a text block birthday die.
I used my son's fuse tool to make a pocket to hold the sequins.  I filled the pocket too full though as I always do.  I just think it's soo fun finding little elements to fill the pocket and get carried away!  The cake is from Paper Clippings:  Birthday.

2009:
Yet again I didn't have the stamps features but I was inspired by a very elegant looking card by Laurie Schmidlin.

You can see more details about Laurie's card on her blog HERE.  I loved the embossed diamond grid she did and the bold graphics contained in each diamond.  So decided to do something similar using the Woodblock prints stencils.  Laurie mentioned she would love to do this design in many colors.  So I decided to try it in three different colors.
I used fancy foliage detail dies to enhance my think big favorites sentiment.  I heat embossed the sentiment and the leaves were  cut out of metallic cardstock.  A few sequins finishes the card.
I think that's enough pics for now.    Thanks for stopping by!  Stay tuned for more PTI 10th anniversary cards in the next post.






Share:

0 comments: