Saturday, December 10, 2016

Christmas Shaker Card: Two for One

I loved making the shaker tag using PTI's Shaped Sayings:  Christmas die so much so that I decided to make a shaker card too.  You can see my tag in a THIS previous post.

Once again I was inspired by Lizzie Jones awesome card.  You can see it on her blog HERE.  I used my fuse tool to sandwich the sequins between two layers of acetate using the Fuse tool as Jennifer McGuires shows how to do in her great video HERE.  I wanted to create an inlaid sentiment.  I cut the sentiment out of the patterned paper card front first and then I cut it out of white.  I inlaid the white sentiment into the patterned paper card front but snipped a few of the inner cuts so the shaker could show through.  I accented it with the holly sprig also included in the PTI's Shaped Sayings Christmas die.  I used two shades of green for the leaves and some glitter paper covered with glossy accents for the berries.  If you click on the photo to make it larger you can see all the sparkly details.

One nice thing about this card is you end up with another patterned paper Merry Christmas die cut which can be used on another card as seen below.
I was inspired by a gorgeous card I saw on Melissa Phillips blog.  You can see it HERE.  I used the die cut I had leftover from the shaker card and applied it to PTI's Tag Sale #4 die.  A few snowflakes from PTI's What the Doodle:Snowflakes die set get tucked behind the tag.  Some of the same patterned paper applied at the bottom of the card provides a grounding point for the tag.  Some lace strewn through the tag top finishes the card.  Super quick yet elegant looking.  I love it when you can get two cards for such little additional effort!

Supplies listed and linked below:

PTI Shaped Sayings: Christmas

PTI Tag Sale #4

PTI What the Doodle: Snowflakes Die Set
Share:

0 comments: