Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Christmas Candy Treats: Rudolph

As I type these words I'm sitting here totally amazed it is November!  Every year the days seem to fly by and Christmas comes way too fast!   Our church is having a craft and bake show on November 19th.  So I have been busy making items for this as I do every year.  This year though I thought I would share my creations on my blog.  I do hope I can inspire you to make some crafty goodies for Christmas this year.  But...shh...I am getting older and it seems sometimes I have a hard time remembering what I made in the past!  Thus if I put it on my blog I can refer to it next year to jog my memory....hopefully!

A friend of mine was explaining how she saw these candy bars wrapped to look like Rudolph on the internet but she couldn't remember where she saw them.  So I headed to Pinterest and found these adorable candy bar wrappers made by Ally Egas.  Click HERE for more info.  So went about duplicating here treats with supplies I had around the house.

These went together fairly quickly and were very inexpensive. Any snack sized candy bar would work.  I did find the Kit Kats are a bit wider then the Cookies and Cream so keep this in mind when cutting your paper.   I used brown wrapping paper to wrap around the candy bars.  I used a very old Sizzix leaf die for the antlers.  The eyes are common googly eyes.  The nose is a piece of red glittered paper punched with a Creative Memories circle punch adhered with foam tape for some dimension.  I stamped the bow from PTI's bells and boughs stamp set using Momento Cottage Ivy ink.  Then used a Copic marker to draw the line wrapping around the candy bar to form a collar so to speak.  A little bit of gold Stickles added to the center of the bow finishes this treat.  It would be perfect for stocking stuffers!

Oh and just a tip.  The hardest part of assembly are the antlers since my leaf had an itty bitty stem.  It is easier to apply a glue dot to the leaf stems and add them to the candy wrapper prior to applying to the candy bar.  I also added a piece of clear tape on the inside across both antlers (stems) to secure well.  I lined up the antlers by centering them with the bow I had stamped previously.

I hope this gets you in the gift making mood!  I have several more ideas so stay tuned for them! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back again!


Share:

0 comments: