Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Papertrey Ink October 2016 Blog Hop Challenge

Blog Hop
Isn't the above photo just gorgeous?! That is what we are to use to inspire us to create a project for the Papertrey Ink October blog hop. I just love the colors, music sheet and that wood background. So these elements are what I chose to concentrate on when making my card. 

I printed something off of my computer to make my own "wooden" background.  To give it some interest I added a Stampin' Up texture plate which embossed the paper a bit.  I brushed some grey ink around the edges to give some depth. I cut the bottom of this paper with a very old Creative Memories circle cutter.

I stamped some rustic cream cardstock with an old Stampin' Up music note wheel.  I had cut the stamp off the wheel and applied some Aleene's tack it over and over again to the back so I can use it with my MISTI.  It stamped splotchy but I think that distress look is perfect for this card.  I added this to the bottom portion of the card beneath the grey paper. 

Next I hand drew some sketchy branches and stamped the ends of them with berries from PTI's bells and boughs.

 Third, I set about making my own Autumn inspired paper.


I applied various colors of distress ink with a round ink blending sponge.  I didn't bother blending the inks at all.  I spritzed and splattered on some water.  You can't tell in the photo very well (you can click on the photo to enlarge it)but I also splattered on some copper and gold shimmer mist.   I cut PTI's fancy foliage detail dies out of this paper and applied them in a cluster. The leaves are soo intricate that I don't think you really see much of this beautiful paper.  Originally I wanted to cut the "thanks" word die out of the paper for my sentiment but that die is too big.  I will have to make another card at some point using more of this paper. 

Lastly,  a sentiment from PTI's Think Big Favorites finishes off the card.  Does this look okay?  I felt like I still needed something else but I wasn't sure what.  But I always seem to have a problem with "white space".  

I'll be back later with the details.  Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back again!


Share:

7 comments:

Vikki H said...

Lovely card! another card with the Fancy Foliage die proves it to be an awesome element of design! Great idea for the water coloring!

Sunny said...

I adore making my own paper... and you drew your own branches too!? Very nice! I'm super duper impressed!!! ❤️

Carmela said...

Very pretty. Love how you put the music sheet at the bottom.

paperkicks said...

Beautiful card, Shelly! Love the pop of color you added with the leaves...great design!

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous take on the inspiration photo! I love that we used the same dies!

adele holcomb said...

Wow! This turned out great! I have my eye on that die, and I love the way you used it on hand-colored paper. The hand-sketched branches behind it made it especially pretty.

Chris said...

Great card Shelly! The colors and design are lovely, and the black and white of music sets it off! Also love your Fall paper very much!