Sunday, March 20, 2016

Papertrey Ink Create Along With Us March

Papertrey Ink has a create along with us challenge this week. The way this works is you pick a card from one of the fabulous design team and use that as inspiration to make your own card.  I chose to mimic Ashley Cannon Newell's gorgeous card: (check out her blog to see more of this card here)

Ashley's  card is soo great that I didn't change much at all.  Why mess with perfection..right!  Below is my card:
I didn't have the paper Ashley used so I used PTI's autumn pattern pieces stamp set to mimic the plaid paper.  I also substituted felt rick rack for the red ribbon.  I did add a little bit of Prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol to try and make the cake look more rounded and give some depth to the strawberries.  Oh and I used a different sentiment on the bottom but it's the same just in a different font.

I simply love this new just desserts set from PTI!  It has numerous stamps that can be used to assemble various layers of cake and icing.  I can't wait to try a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing.  Yummy! There are many options to adorn your cake with too..in addition to the strawberries you can use candles or flowers. Yep...you will definitely be seeing more of this set in the future! The only downside of using this stamp set it that it makes me hungry for cake!!!

Supplies are listed and linked below:

PTI Just Desserts Stamp Set

PTI Wishes Come True Stamp Set 

PTI Cake Plates Die

PTI Autumn Pattern Pieces Stamp Set

PTI Green Parakeet Dye Ink

PTI Lemon Tart Dye Ink

PTI Pure Poppy Dye Ink

PTI Sweet Blush Dye Ink

Memento Soft Sky and Grape Jelly Dye Ink
Prismacolor Pencils and gamsol

Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back again!

Share:

1 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

Awesome card, Shelly! Your strawberries look so real, and I can see the depth of them. Great job "mimicking" Ashley.