Saturday, February 13, 2016

Papertrey Ink 9th Anniversary Dress Up Inspiration

Day two of Papertrey Ink's 9th Anniversary challenge involves making something inspired by a piece of clothing. I found this cool shirt on Zulily.com

You can find it here.  I loved the chevron pattern and the unique color combo so I set about making a card mimicking those features.

The chevron pattern was easy to create using my MISTI and the PTI chevron stripes stamp set.  I followed this wonderful video by Maureen Wong.  It's called Modern Borders Backgrounds.  I embossed my stamped chevron paper with a retired Stampin Up Sizzix distress embossing plate to give it more of a texture similar to fabric. I cut the text block die out of aqua mist cardstock and also smokey shadow adhering the smokey shadow one slightly offset to create a shadow.      I'm not sure the sequins look right.  I always have a problem with trying to place the sequins randomly.  However, I really wanted to pull in that blue/teal color.

Supplies are listed and linked below:


PTI Background Basics: Chevron Stripes Stamp Set

PTI Text Block: Birthday Die

PTI Berry Sorbet Dye Ink



PTI Aqua Mist Dye Ink

PTI Melon Berry Dye Ink

PTI Aqua Mist Cardstock


PTI Berry Sorbet Cardstock

PTI Melon Berry Cardstock

PTI Soft Stone Cardstock

View blog post for supplies
Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back again!
Share: