Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Papertrey Ink 9 years Anniversary DT Favorites Challenge

My absolute favorite stamp company is having 10 days of contests to celebrate their 9th year in business!  You can see all of PTI's great products at their online store by clicking here.  If you need some inspiration you can sure count on PTI's owner and design team to give you more than you need!  Get started at Nicole's (the owner) blog here.

I am slowly working my way through the challenges.  All entries must be in by the 15th of Feb so there is still time if you want to join in on the fun!  Day 1's challenge is to create a card using one of the design team's favorite color combos.  I chose the lovely combo by Melissa Phillips below:
I have never used this color combo before but will definitely use it more in the future!  It is gorgeous!  I absolutely love this layered stamp set by PTI called brushed blooms!  One of the great things about this stamp set is if your stamping isn't perfect or splotchy it's okay.  What ordinarily looks like mistakes with other stamps simply looks artistic with the design of this stamp set.  I also love that you can achieve the depth I did by stamping the second layer in the same color ink as the first.  Thus less ink colors are needed.  I love when I can create a wonderful card with limited supplies!

Oh and did you know that you can ink your stamp up with Versamark ink and then without cleaning your stamp off dip it directly in your colored dye ink?  Both inks combine and stay wet so you can add embossing powder to them.  Ordinarily you can't heat emboss dye ink but if you coat your stamp with Versamark first then it will accept the powder.  It doesn't harm your dye ink  pads at all!  I did this with the sentiment above.  I don't have any colored embossing powder (other than gold and silver) so this is a great technique to learn!

I know you can't tell in the photo but I thought those little yellow flowers need something extra to make them pop and not get lost among the larger flowers.  So I brushed them with some white Wink of Stella glitter brush marker.  I couldn't find the clear Wink of Stella at Michael's but the white does work on lighter colors.

Supplies are listed and linked below:
PTI=Papertrey Ink


PTI Brushed Blooms Stamp Set

PTI Beautiful Butterflies Stamp Set
all inks used were PTI dye ink except Summer Sunrise was substituted with Memento Cantaloupe dye ink
Share:

0 comments: