Sunday, July 05, 2015

Papertrey ink Make it Monday #216

This weeks Make it Monday video over at Papertrey Ink involves adding color to cover plates.  Check out the great video by Laura Bassen here!

I only have one cover plate die.  I bought the PTI's Text Block:  Birthday die.  I had yet to use it so it was fun to have an excuse to get it out.

I got the color scheme from the latest Color Throwdown challenge.  (I have another card that showcases these colors better so I'll share that card tomorrow.)  I decided to use MIM # 204 Watercolor Smooshing to add color to the cover plate.  I have always wanted to try this technique and it actually was quite fun!  I used watercolor paper to prevent a lot of warping.  I thought these colors reminded me of the beach so I made some "waves" using PTI's scallop die from the Nostalgic Notions kit.  I was going for a masculine looking card so I forced myself not to add any more embellishments.  All in all I think it turned out pretty well since I am terrible at masculine cards.

Thanks for looking!  Please come back again!

Share:

0 comments: