Monday, January 12, 2015

Make it Monday #197 and Colour Q #274 Birthday

I happened upon the most recent Colour Q challenge # 274. I absolutely loved these colors but....the deadline was tonight!  Yikes so I whipped up a card quick!

It's been  a very long time since I participated in a Papertrey Ink Make it Monday challenge so I figured I'd incorporate that too.  Here is what I came up with:

The MIM challenge involved making your own foam letter stickers.  Check out the great video tut here.  I really do like the raised effect this gives and the fun foam was easy to cut through.  I cut plain white cardstock letters and colored them with a Copic marker before gluing them on top of the foam letters.  I used another of my card base files.  I just love how fast this makes cards come together!  This file will be coming soon to my store.  I will update this post when it arrives. ETA:  My file is now official for sale in my store.  Click here or the preview below to purchase.

http://www.cutandcreate.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=106&products_id=964


I also adhered a sequin border to the back of the circular focal point.  The background was stamped with PTI's Rosie Posie and Happy Hexagon stamps.   The "Happy" are letter dies from Quick Kutz I believe.  The "birthday" is from PTI's Think Big Favorite's #12.  I stamped polk-a-dots on the banner tail using white pigment ink.

Whew!  I made it before the deadline!  Yippee!  I actually made two of these cards so I very well maybe be caught up on the cards I need for January!

I'll talk to you again soon...are you getting sick of me yet?!  I have never posted this much!  LOL!


Share:

3 comments:

kathy serrahn said...


card looks great

Nancy Penir said...

Beautiful, Shelly! Love the circle of sequins.

Bonnie T. said...

I really like the sequin border and happy foam sticker.