Sunday, February 02, 2014

PTI Make It Monday #150 and Colour Me#5

Hello everyone just dropping by with a quick card to share.

I was soo impressed with Melissa's card and video.  She showed how to make this gorgeous window screen card.  Click here to see the video.  I loved her card so much that I just had to try it myself using a different color scheme.  So I looked at a new challenge for me called Colour Me.  You can read all about it here. I lucked out because every 5th week they have a color challenge where you can choose any (up to 5) colors you'd like.  So I went to my color inspiration file and chose these colors

Memento Inks in Gray Flannel and Rose Bud,  Papertrey Ink in Sweet Blush, and Stickles in Fruit Punch (added to heart frame and word Love)  I tried to use Photoshop to add my colors to their challenge photo below but they aren't exact.



I didn't have all the exact items Melissa used so I had to substitute a bit.  Let's see...the large flowers are from PTI's Rosie Posie stamp set.  The smaller sweet blush blooms are from PTI's Honey Bees stamp set.  The leaves (which I could have stamped better) are from PTI's Turning a New Leaf stamp set. The sentiment is from PTI's Year Round Puns stamp set. The heart frame, word "Love" and filling for the heart are all files coming soon to my store.  I'll post here when they are ready..sorry my computer wasn't cooperating with me today!  Technology...wonderful..when it works!  A few sequins, handmade baker's twine and a button (I've been dying to use this!) finish up the card.  Oh I almost forgot..loved the real stitching Melissa did on her card but I was pressed for time so I just stamped some thread like borders in sweet blush in place of the stitching.

ETA:  Think I fixed my computer..whoo hoo!  So I was able to get a few of the files used for this card in my store.  Click on the previews below to purchase the files.

http://www.cutandcreate.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_105&products_id=874



http://www.cutandcreate.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_105&products_id=875


http://www.cutandcreate.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_105&products_id=882

This is such a pretty card.  I'd love to duplicate it using an anniversary sentiment.  Would love to see other color schemes too.

Thanks for looking!  Please stop by again!

Enjoy your week!

Share:

5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Very pretty and LOVE your color combinations! :0)

OttawaMom said...

Lovely Valentine. Love the sparkle and added sequins. Thanks so much for joining us at Colour Me...!

Tina Campbell said...

Such a pretty card Shelly :)

Unknown said...

Hehehe so fun how you coloured in our blog image :) Wonderful job with your sweet Valentine! So happy you could share with us this week at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you back again soon :)

Ruth G said...

Your card is really beautiful! So fun that you recreated the PTI card with your files!
TFS!