Friday, February 14, 2014

Papertrey Ink Anniversary cards

Gosh I believe this is my 3rd post for today!  That's definitely a record for me!  Well I owe it all to PTI's 7th anniversary contests.  Guess what!  I now have a stash of cards too.  Yipee!  It's been ages since I've had any cards stored..usually I'm making them and hoping the glue dries quick so I can get them mailed.  Anyway...on the the cards:

The latest challenge asked us to make an envelope to match our card.  The instructions said we could feel free to really gussy up the envelope as if we are handing it directly to the person.  However, I very rarely hand deliver cards so I kept my embellishing to a corner leaving room for an address.

I used this color combo:
This sketch:

I used PTI's Signature Series:  Dress Form stamp.  This is the first time I used this stamp.  I just love how this card turned out! The script background stamp is from  Hero Arts.   The doily is from the Wilton cake decorating department.  The bow came with the ribbon rose attached.  I just used Copic markers to color it to match the Pure Poppy sentiment.  Some pearls finish up the card.

For the next card I used this color scheme:
And this sketch:

Talk about total opposites!  This card is soo different from the first one.  This definitely isn't my normal style..but I do think it would work well for a teen.  I used PTI's Happy Hexagons.  I purposely haphazardly stamped the stitching lines on the hexagons to give a more whimsical look.  (Gosh this was soo hard for me to do!)  The text print is a from Stampin' Up (celebrate block).  I used PTI's Happy Day die but since I only had a partial stamp set I didn't have anything that would work for birthday so I used a Studio G stamp instead.  I was delighted to see it was the same shape!  The sentiments are from PTI's Wishes Come True stamp set.  I loved how Ashley Cannon Newell used seqins to make a border in this gorgeous card. So I gave it a go with some light green sequins on the left of this card.  It is a great look!  Some stitching finishes up the card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Are you ready for the next snow?!  I for one have had enough.  I hope the weather people are wrong and Spring plus sunshine is coming tomorrow!

Share:

0 comments: