Monday, January 13, 2014

Fusion Card Challenge #1

I'm back again as promised.  I have another challenge card to share.  I stumbled upon the Fusion Card Challenge last week.
It's an interesting concept....you can use just the sketch or just the photo for inspiration...or go for it all and use both!  I really loved the orange/grey/white color combo but unfortunately I used most of my grey cardstock up for the previous challenge so instead I used a piece of pattern paper and pulled my colors from there.  Hmm..guess it would be best just to show you my card before I explain any more huh!

I absolutely adored design team member Betty J's card example so I decided to case hers.  I used one of my card base files to add some decorative border strips to the sides.  The butterflies are from my 3-D butterflies file.  (Both files are coming soon to my new store!).   I actually made two cards one with the embossed butterflies and one with plain butterflies.  I definitely like the texture the embossed butterflies add to the card.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's. Happy Hexagons mini stamp set.  I was very happy to dig out my dusty/forgotten fiber to wrap around the bottom of the card.  It is hard to see in the photo but it's tiny pom poms on a string...adds a fun element to this card.  Oh and some more of those gems designed for jeans was added to the center of the butterflies.  The wings were attached with a tiny piece of foam tape allowing them to be folded slightly in the middle to give a 3-D effect.

Time to get the kids ready for bed.  I'll see you back here on the 17th for my Card a Day blog post.  Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy the rest of your week!
Share:

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card, Shelly! I'm glad you found us at Fusion, and I hope we see you again soon! :-)

(Would you mind considering removing the word verification from comments? Word verification discourages commenting because sometimes it is hard to get it right.)

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful plaid paper Shelly - love that loopy edgeing too! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion this week!

Caroline said...

Gorgeous Card !!

MaryH said...

Love this card with the circle motif & the patterns & b/flies. Especially loving that border look. TFS such a nifty layout.