Sunday, November 03, 2013

Card A Day Blog Post: Christmas Gift Card

It's my turn to post a card for the card a day blog.  The theme this week is Christmas Gift Cards.  Aren't gift cards wonderful!  You don't have to worry about getting the wrong color, size, shape etc.  It's always the perfect gift!  What makes it more personal is making a special card to present your gift card.  I'm sure you'll get lots of great ideas on how to do just that this week.  Check out the Card A Day blog everyday for tons of  inspiration. 

I came across this lonely sheet of Christmas paper with nothing to match it.  I loved the non traditional colors and the hints of glitter on this card stock so I figured it would be perfect for my gift card holder.  I chose my pocket card file to create a gift card holder similar to a library pocket.  The file contains the cutting file for the purple tag. I accented the tag with clear rhinestones colored green with a Copic marker.  I stamped the sentiment "Greetings" from Papertrey Ink's Happy Day stamp set.

The inner tag pulls out and little slots hold the gift card in place.  I stamped a snowflake border using a single snowflake from Papertrey Ink's Vintage Picnic stamp set.  I stamped them in Memento Sweet Plum, black and a green from Studio G.  I figured it would help match the snowflakes in the patterned paper.  The polk a  dotted glitter bow is the cutest finishing touch.  Look even the gift card matches the pattern paper...love that!  LOL!  

So this makes three cards ready for the holiday season and it's not even December yet!  Woo Hoo!  Hope I can continue to get things done early!  I hope you can too!

Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back again!

Share:

1 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Love that idea for a card and I love that you used a border for a pocket! I hope you don't mind me lifting that idea for a scrapbook layout it would be a fun way to hold the special Christmas cards we receive :)