Monday, October 21, 2013

Card A Day Blog Post: Thanksgiving

It's my turn again to post a card on the Card A Day blog.  The theme this week is Thanksgiving.  I have to admit I never make cards for Thanksgiving.  In fact I don't often do this holiday justice.  My son's and hubby's birthday is in November so after those events are over I move on to getting ready for Christmas.  So I was happy to actually take the time to make a Thanksgiving card now when things aren't so crazy!  It also gave me a chance to reflect on how thankful I am to have such a great family and terrific friends!


My 6 year old daughter loves to craft!  So I cut out the pieces from my build a turkey file to cut two turkeys.  It was fun watching her take her turkey and create a unique card!  She is going to give it to her teacher this year. 

I  was looking for card sketches to help me decide where to place my elements.  I discovered the most amazing sketch site!  Deconstructed Sketches by Jen.  I used the most recent sketch so I could enter the challenge but I saw many others I hope to have time to try!

  I was inspired by Jen's amazing card.  I loved the textured background and craft color so I too used those elements on my card.  I used some very old Creative Memories tone on tone papers to complete my turkey.  Some orange ribbon with red stitching and also some silver dots are the finishing touches.

Hope you all have a lovely week!  Thanks for visiting me today!  Please stop by again!


Share:

2 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Cool card Shelley love the turkey offering the pie, you did great on the sketch. Yep I feel the same way about the holiday, never made a card till I started with CADB.

Unknown said...

Wow, I sooo love that card! It is so cute and very nice. that will definitely make a perfect and gorgeous Thanksgiving wishes card for Turkey day. love it!