Friday, December 10, 2010

Frugal Fridays: $1.00 candy bar wrapper today only and some great projects from Shelly M

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Well sort of! We got our tree up and decorated. I gave in and let the kids do the bottom. I patiently sat back while they put more than one ornament on a branch and left big empty spaces not saying a word! LOL! Actually it doesn't look tooo bad...I'll have to share a photo with you soon. Tyler wanted to replace all the lights with the bulb that made them flash even the top star (snowflake) and of course they flash at different times so it's quite distracting to hubby and I but Tyler loves it so we indulge him. He plugs in the lights every night and loves the flashing tree! My goal is to clean this house a little and get the rest of the decoration out today. I did manage to get quite a few packages wrapped and under the tree last night too! Next step gotta get the kids Christmas picture taken so we can send out Xmas cards before New Year is here! I hope you are enjoying all the holiday preparation!

Christmas Candy Bar Wrapper

Now on to my Frugal Friday special. For today only you get my Christmas Candy Bar Wrapper for $1.00. This makes an excellent stocking stuffer or small gift for teachers, hairdressers, postal workers, neighbors, etc. Hurry though this price magically disappears at midnight EST today 12/10/2010. Yikes are we really that far into December! Where has time gone! Better get working on those Christmas gifts! HUH! Need some inspiration? I have more wonderful projects from Shelly M. Oh and if you'd like to purchase the candy bar wrapper please click on the words above the photo to go directly to the store.


MMMM doesn't this set look yummy!  Not only did Shelly make the large candy bar wrapper but she incorporated some other files and smaller candy bar wrappers to make an entire set.  Who wouldn't love to get this as a gift!?!  Shelly used my Build a Wreath file to complete the set. 
Click here to see the file in the store. 

Isn't this box stunning?!  Wait a minute...is it a box or is it a card?  Actually it's both!  Here is what Shelly had to say about her gorgeous box.

"This was made for the Paperthread's 20 Challenge...to make an easel card and incorporate it into a gift box, gift bag or whatever else you can think of.  I used a cling mount stamp by Hero Arts and embossed it in gold.  To color the image I used Derwent Inktense Watercolor Pencils (they are my favorite watercolor pencils!!!) and then cut the sentiment from Christmas Word Charms from Shelly's Art (its on sale now!) from gold metallic paper.  I airbrushed the rhinestone to match, cut out the image and used pop dots to give it some dimension."

Christmas Word charms 
These charms are great for cards and scrapbook pages.  Click on the words above the photo to purchase.



Shelly is making such good use out of my build a wreath file.  She used the ornament in that file to make these elegant gift tags.  Aren't they just beautiful....I just love how versatile Shelly's style is...whimsical one moment then sophisticated the next!  Here is what Shelly has to say about her project. 

"I cut the ornaments out of dp (k&co) and then added Krylon gold to outline them. Sentiment is from PTI and the envelopes/tags are from QK"

Okay I'd better get us lunch then do the dishes so I can start decorating!  "We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year".  Thanks a million for stopping by!  Have a festive weekend!
Share:

0 comments: