Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Technique Tuesday: Faux Stitching, Christmas boxes, and a freebie

Hello,
I know once again I'm late with my technique. I'm sorry. I won't bore you with a lengthy apology instead I'll just get on with the faux stitching tutorial.

Photo can be clicked on to make it larger.

Here's a picture of the completed card. I really do thing the stitching looks pretty real. But...if you'd rather do your stitching using a needle and thread instead of a pen you can still use the same technique. Just draw the lines in lightly with pencil or use a marker that matches your thread color.



If you'd like this technique and would like your own set of stitching rulers. You can purchase them here at my store. If you scroll down you'll see examples of the different stitches the templates will make.

Oh if you like the card file. It is available by purchasing my quarterly membership. Click hereto purchase. I think this is a great card to make masculine looking.

If you'd like to know how to do the bow...you can find it on Nicole Heady's blog here. You'll have to scroll down a bit. I did mine backwards as hers is tied in the back but I think it still looks good.
You can even use the buttons you made from my paper button technique found here.

I'd also like to share with you two boxes I have made similar to that spider box you all liked so much! First up is a wreath box. It's perfect for the upcoming Christmas season. It is only available by purchasing my membership here.



I also have a snowflake box to show you. This is great for Winter gifts that aren't necessarily Christmas gifts. This one especially looks pretty with a battery operated tea light. Click here to see it in my store.







Laury and I have teamed up to offer you a great sale at our stores at Paperthreads. The sale starts on turkey day and runs through the weekend and even Monday in case you have a busy weekend. If you can stop by and visit us on Black Friday you will get a whopping 55% off. If you can't don't worry you can still save on the other days too! Check out Laury's store here and mine here. Why not go over now and make your wish list!



Elizabeth and her daughter Sam came over to keep Adoree occupied while we took Tyler out to eat for his birthday. Elizabeth bought a cookie tree for Adoree to make. As you can see Adoree really enjoyed it! Thanks so much Elizabeth for playing with Adoree and filling her with sugar! LOL!

Okay now I know you are waiting for your freebie. Thanks for stopping by and letting me share my tut with you. For your freebie I'm giving you a stitching template ruler file so you can try the tut out for yourself right away! Click on the preview to download. In the zip file are the SVG, KNK, GSD, AI, and WPC formats. This file still follows my terms of use and I ask that you don't share this file. Instead send them here to download it. This freebie will be expire in 24 hours so grab it now. Sorry freebie expired!


Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for all my wonderful blog readers and customers! Be sure to stop by Friday...I'll have a freebie then too.

Shelly
Share:

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Thank for the tutorial and the freebie!

Anonymous said...

Awesome tutorial and freebie, Shelly. I sew for a living, and don't really like to get out the machine when I am papercrafting, so this is an awesome alternative. The templates will also work great for hand stitching on some of my clothing. Thanks so much. Gina

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your new sewing technique, and thanks for the freebie so we can try it ourselves.
You rock, girl.

Carol P

debenj said...

Thank you, love the faux stitching and thank you for the tutorial.

Sue aka barracudasue said...

Thanks, Shelly, for sharing your creativity with us and thanks for the freebie! Great tutorial!

I want to know WHO had more fun...Elizabeth, her daughter or Adoree?! LOL

jzayler said...

Thanks for the freebie! Happy Thanksgiving. I love the tree! I'm not sure who had the better night - getting to go out to eat or staying home and playing with a great friend?!

Elizabeth said...

You are quite welcome, we loved hanging out with Adoree. She is such a sweet little girl :)
Thanks for the freebie and the tut.