Sunday, November 20, 2016

Papertrey Ink Create Along With us November 2016 Challenge

This week Papertrey Ink released new products.  The design team was busy making projects using these products.  So instead of a technique video we are to use one of the design team's projects as an inspiration for making our own card.

Heather Nicolas did an amazing card that I just knew would be perfect for my son's 13th birthday.  See more details about her card here.
My son's favorite colors are orange and green so I used them as my go to colors.
My son purchased the Boy Basics: Game On stamp set a few years ago with his own money.  However, it has been woefully neglected lately so I was happy to use it on his card.   I stamped and then heat embossed video game images with clear ink.  I brushed over those images with PTI new leaf ink using clarity stencil brushes.  I love how smooth and effortless it is to add color with these brushes.  The candles are from PTI's Wishes Come True stamp set. The sentiment is from PTI's Bold Basics: Birthday die.  I cut it several times ad layered one on top of another for more dimension.  The blue stars are from a confetti pack from the Dollar Tree they replace the dots on the "i"s.  I actually embossed a full A2 size with the video game images and the part I cut off I gave to my son as a bookmarker.

Since my son's birthday is during pumpkin season he always asks for pumpkin pie for this birthday.  My sweet husband always makes hm one.  He made a smiley face in the pie with the candles since there weren't 13 left in the pack.



His sister bought him a whoopie cushion.  He just thought that was the greatest thing!  Here is a photo of him sitting on it.
I can't believe he is 13!  I am about 5'6" and he is almost as tall as me.  How did I get old enough to have a teenager!  Where has my little boy gone?  I found this photo of when he was 5
He may be bigger but one thing sure hasn't changed!  He loved Sponge Bob at 5 years old and still does at 13!

Gotta run!  Thanks for stopping by and please come back again!



Share:

0 comments: