Saturday, October 08, 2016

Make It Monday #263 Background Building With Frames and ColorTthrowdown #413

Amy Sheffer shares with us a wonderful technique for her MIM video over at Papertrey Ink.  It involves building a background with frames.  Check out the video here.

I loved the technique of Amy's!  She first shared a card using this technique back in Feb of this year on her blog.  See her fabulous tulip card here.   I had saved this card of hers because I knew one day I'd like to copy it.  I was excited when she showed this card in her technique video because I now had an excuse to duplicate it!

I also pulled my colors from the latest Color Throwdown Challenge.
Below is my card:
Because of the bold colors in the challenge I went bold with my stenciled background.  Turns out that doesn't work for this technique.  I am not loving my card!  Amy's soft stenciled background was obviously the way to go.  My white frames got lost on this busy background so in an attempt to bring them back to life I colored the dots in with blue marker.  I stamped a flower my PTI's bitty bouquest and a tiny sentiment from PTI's the skinny to complete the card.   One day I might redo this card in different colors or something.

I'll be back at some point to add my product links.  Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back again!



Share:

1 comments:

Broni said...

What a cool card, Shelly! I love how you used the frames! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!