Sunday, February 14, 2016

Papertrey Ink 9th Anniversary Saturday Snail Mail Challenge and Colour Q #328

This challenge involves creating a thank you card to send to the wonderful people in the warehouse at Papertrey Ink.  They really do package stuff with care and nothing arrives damaged or broken.

I was inspired by a fantastic card by Karolyn Loncon.  You can see her lovely creation here.
I was simply amazed at how quick this card came together!  (This is a great scrapbuster card!) I sought out the latest colour Q challenge for my color combo.
I don't use gold that often but I'm not sure why.  I love the regal element it adds to a card.  I simply punched some 1 1/2" and rounded opposite corners using the 1 2 3 Punchboard.  I have other corner rounders but I have found this easiest to use for perfectly rounded corners.   I used glitter gold embossing powder for the sentiment and butterfly (btw the butterfly is from the PTI butterfly coverplate..I simply cut the middle butterfly free from it's frame).  If you are going to do a glittered/embossed die cut like this I would suggest covering a square of paper in versamark ink and then sprinkling powder on before heat embossing the entire square.  This is much easier than trying to emboss an intricate die cut.

Supplies are listed and linked below:
 

PTI Cover Plate: Butterfly Die

PTI Think Big Favorites #2


PTI Berry Sorbet Cardstock

PTI Hibiscus Burst Cardstock

PTI Sweet Blush Cardstock
Thanks for stopping by! Please come back again!
Share:

0 comments: