Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Review of Midori Spring Organic Ceremonial Matcha Gold Class Premium Japanese Green Tea Powder

 
 

Do you like green tea?  My favorite is the blend that our local Japanese restaurant serves.   I love sushi but the meal isn't complete  without having a few sips of green tea.  So...when I was asked to review Midori Spring's Organic Ceremonial Matcha Gold Class Premium Japanese Green Tea.  I was thrilled!  Check out their website at http://www.midorispring.com/.

I have to say it's not like any other green tea I've ever drank....it's in a powder form and a very fresh looking green.   It almost looks like green garlic powder!  LOL!   There are a few different way to drink it.  You can see their website for more info but I did this using the wire wisk


Quick Method (For the casual drinkers)
What you need: Bowl or mug, Small Wire Whisk or Milk Frother, Teaspoon
1. Place 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon of Midori Spring Matcha Powder in mug, try to remove clumps.
2. Pour 60mL/2oz of hot water (72-76°c, 162-169°f) into mug and whisk briskly in a “W” motion until fine foam appears. Can use a small wire whisk or milk frother.
3. Sip and Enjoy!

OMG!  I did NOT enjoy my sip!  I added some honey but it was still very bitter!  I had my husband try it since he likes his coffee black I thought maybe he wouldn't mind the bitterness.  No such luck as he thought it was undrinkable!  I was very disappointed as I really wanted to like this tea!  I got on the internet and did some research.  Turns out you can use Midori Spring's green tea powder in recipes.

I decided to try Cooking Amigo's Matcha (抹茶) Green Tea Mug Cake.  You can view his wonderful video recipe here.   The recipe is soo easy and can be made in minutes.  It's made in a large mug (or a 16oz ramekin in my case since I didn't have a mug big enough) which gets cooked in the microwave.  Guess...what it's delicious!  Now granted it is very green and not that appealing looks wise!   My husband even said something along the lines of it doesn't taste bad but looks bad.  See for yourself:

  

Okay so this was very good (even if it didn't look good)!  I will be using my Matcha tea to make this again soon.  Oh and just a few notes in case you want to try this delicious dessert too.  As Cooking Amigo mentions in his video Matcha tea is an acquired  taste so if you aren't too fond of drinking the tea then you may want to cut back on the amount of Matcha tea powder you add to this dessert.  I used 1 teaspoon.  I added chocolate chips too.  Chocolate makes anything taste good right?  I have a 1,000 watt microwave and microwaved for 3minutes and 30 seconds.  You will see the cake pull away from the sides of your dish.  I am thrilled to have fond a use for my green tea powder!  Thanks Cooking Amigo!

You can purchase  Midori Spring Organic Ceremonial Matcha Gold Class Premium Japanese Green Tea on Amazon.com by clicking here.  

Note:  I did receive this product for free in exchange for writing a review.  However, I have been nothing but honest with you!  

Thanks soo much for stopping by!  Please come back again!  


Share:

0 comments: