Sunday, March 22, 2015

Make It Monday #205 Confetti Cluster Stamping

This weeks Make it Monday features using those tiny stamps that often get neglected to make a cluster of images in any shape you choose.  Check out the awesome video tutorial by Lizzie Jones here.   I just love how this techniques puts those little stamps in the limelight for once.

I absolutely loved Michelle's card featuring a big round cluster stamped balloon.  Check it out here.  But I needed a masculine birthday card and I didn't want to copy her card exactly so thus the card/card set above was born.

I used the following Papertrey Ink stamps:
Spots and Dots (vault)
Paper Tray (vault)-small patterned dots and straight line shaped into balloon string
Mehndi Medallion Mini Stamp Set
Honey Bees
Think Big Favorites #12
Balloon bow ??

I also used Quick kutz dies and I designed the "happy" cutting file.  I cut it in two layers and glued them together for some dimension.    It was soo hard not to add some bling to these cards!  I knew the minute I did that though they wouldn't be masculine cards anymore. 

Before I go I'd like to mention that I finally got some matte medium that Jennifer McGuire has been raving about and I put it in one of the Fineline applicator bottles from Amazon.  I really loved how the glue gave me a little time to slide and position my "happy" letters on top of each other perfectly.  The fine tip made a great thin line too.  The glue gives a very strong hold. A little goes a long way so it's worth the money spent.  I definitely prefer this over the glue pen or Xyron.  If you'd like to see more info about these products...Jennifer just did a great video.  Check it out here

I discovered one more thing (while doing the MIM technique) that is so great about the Misti stamping tool and I must share it with you.

In this MIM video they suggest drawing a pencil line to guide you where you wanted to stamp your tiny stamps.  I used the image sheet from my stamp-a-ma-jig and traced my oval guide on there.  I know it's a little hard to see in the photo (click on it to view it larger).  I positioned the sheet in the left hand L corner the same way I did with my cards.  That way I could position the sheet here each time before positioning my stamp.  I made  this whole set of cards in minutes with no pencil lines to erase.  I also stamped my tail and bow onto the image sheet just to make sure I like the position of these items before committing them to the card. A quick wipe with a baby wipe cleaned all this off the image sheet.   Thanks to the Misti.. I definitely see more card sets in my future!  I have sold a few here and there too so the more I make..the more likely I'll have some to sell or at the very least add to my stash!  My goal this summer to is make some to send to the soldiers for operation write home. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back again!






Share:

3 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

Great masculine card set, Shelly, and thanks for sharing your tips!

Michelle said...

Wow... a beautiful set of cards! I always need more masculine/unisex b'day cards and this is great inspiration/motivation!

Greta said...

Wonderful example of the technique--congrats on your win!