Thursday, February 13, 2014

Papertrey Ink Building Block challenge

Wow!  I am soo loving the latest Papertrey Ink's anniversary challenge.  It's fun and something that one can pull out when in a creative rut. See each design team member had a specific element they were in charge of in helping us make a card.  They gave us a list and then we roll the die and whichever number corresponds to the list is the one we use.  Hmmm.. that sounded soo confusing..maybe you should head on over to Nicole's blog for a better explanation after you get done visiting me.


Here is my chance threw my way:
Colors:  Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist, and White
Occasion: Congrats
Technique:  Rock and Roll (never tried this until tonight..kinda neat..click here for video)
Embellishments:  Rhinestones
Fiber:  Thread (Zig Zag stitched the banner)
Sketch:




I used all Papertrey Ink stamps.  Rosie Posie,  Everyday Classics (Anniversary Set), Honey Bees. I was a little afraid to start this card considering I normally stick with tried and true color combos.  It actually didn't turn out too bad and was quite fun!  I really would have liked one more color so I could use it for the small flowers in the patterned paper I stamped.  Also, the rock and roll technique would have been more apparent in different colors I believe.  I want to try this again some day.  Overall though the card came about pretty quickly and I am pretty happy with it!  It will be interesting to see what new color combos I'll draw from this challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!  Come visit me again!


Share:

0 comments: