Saturday, June 23, 2012

Papertrey Ink MIM #71 Bordered Sentiments take 2

Here is the second card I made for the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday bordered sentiments challenge.  If you missed my other card check it out here.

So I dug out some more of the old Creative Memories patterned paper.  I've had this forever and it feels great to actually use some up!  I love this color combo.  I still didn't get a perfect mask on two of the flowers but hey practice makes perfect right...I did do better with the sunflowers!  I colored in the dots on the sunflower center with a Copic marker to bring in more of the aqua mist color.  I have to say this is a nice change for me just picking a color scheme and chosing ink colors and tone on tone papers to go with it.  I normally pick a multi-colored pattern paper and draw colors from that for the focal point of my card.  Clear Rhinestones and some baker's twine finishes off the card.

Papertrey Stamps used:
Everyday Classics: dahlia type flowers and Hello sentiment
Rosie Posie:  largest daisy flower and circle center
Honey Bees:  two smallest flowers
Mat Stack 2: celebrate today and always and friend sentiment
Round and Round anniversary set: sunflower

Hmm I wonder how this would work for a scrapbook page...maybe a bordered title with the flowers filling in a journaling box type shape..would definitely cut down on the bulk of my pages!  I know you are probably thinking..what Shelly scrapbook's?  I do but only seem to have time to do it at crops.  I will share some pages with you some day...in the Fall when both my kids are in school...my goal is to share and complete at least one scrapbook page a week so stay tuned.....!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back again!


Share:

0 comments: