Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April 2012 Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

Aren't those patterns just gorgeous!  I didn't have a lot of time today but I just couldn't let the chance to play with these colors and patterns pass me by.  I created a card inspired by the photo above for the April 2012 PTI blog hop just in time!


I apologize for the poor photo.  It is really dark here!  I knew I had the perfect digital paper pack in my stash.  It is called Victoria Gardens by Echo Park I think.  It has beautiful damasks and roses just like in the photo.  I did some editing in Photoshop to make my colors match the inspiration photo.  Except my printer printed the blue more of a greenish tone.  I still love the color combo though.  I used my card base 9 file again for the background.  I have a feeling this will always be a favorite file of mine!  I stamped the "You are amazing" sentiment repeatedly across the front.  The rose and sentiment are both from Papertrey Ink's Year of Flowers Collection.  I was in such a rush so I'm not totally happy wiht my Copic coloring.  Next time I will study how the PTI designer's color their amazing roses and learn from them.  I never know where to put my light source!  Yummy velvet green ribbon, loopy lace, pink baker's twine, a bead cap and pearl complete the card.

If you would like to purchase my card base 9 file please click on the preview below.  It's on sale now through Sunday the 29th of April 2012 for only $1.00!





My next couple of weeks are filled with events like birthdays, graduations, anniversaries, and Mother's Day. I have a ton of projects to make! Just in case your April and May are filled with activities like mine I decided to have a sale. I have many files that are useful for not only cards and scrabooking but also teacher gifts and decorations. You can find my store by clicking on the Ad above or by clicking here. I do not have all my files converted to MTC and Studio but if you purchase a file in any format I will be glad to convert it for you and send it to you through e-mail.  Just e-mail me at shellysart@verizon.net with your invoice.

Wow!  Two posts in one day!  Can you believe it!  Well I guess I should get some sleep!  I sure did have fun playing along with the PTI blog hop and now I have one Mother's Day card done!  Woo Hoo!  I'm thrilled...I never get anything done a head of time!










Share:

5 comments:

Mayol said...

I love all the paper strips and the little details on your card! Beautiful!

kathy serrahn said...

awesome card, love the colors

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. Love all the embellishments.

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!! You totally captured the inspiration photo!!! Love the patterns and the colors are fabulous!

Inkyfingers said...

I love the paper strips on this soft, pretty card.