Monday, March 12, 2012

Sorry No Mission Organization post this week

Hi everyone,
I must apologize.  My craft room organization has come to a halt.  I am organizing other parts of my home.  We just had my son to the allergist.  He is allergic to many, many things.  One of them being dust.  So I am getting rid of any and all decorations and trying to make it easier to dust.  I am not a good housekeeper but I am trying to get this house as dust free as possible for his sake.  He also has asthma.  He only had taken an inhaler in the past when he had a bad cold.  So I was amazed when he didn't have enough breath to blow out the candles during the pulmonary function test!  Poor guy has been through soo much...lazy eye, migraines and now this.  I'm hoping he's getting all this out of his system during his childhood so he can have a good and healthy adult life!  Anyway, I am hoping to get this house in tip top shape soon so I can have a mission organizational post for you next Monday.  


I do have a card to share that Johanne made.  She is a super talented member of my design team.


Isn't that just gorgeous!  I just love the gold accents!  Here is what Johanne had to say about her lovely card.  This is based on a sketch and file the talented Aussie Caz created. 


Cutting files:
            Shelly's Art Hummingbird file - SS0123
            Aussie Caz Card Template_23. 
Papers:Tim Coffey from KE Company.
Stamps:
            French Wording from Bonnidee
            Spiral Symphony from gel-à-tins
I dry embossed the triangle and then applied embossing powder.  I used the same flower paper for the hummingbird but colored on it with copic.   I applied gold stickle on the wings and tail. I gold embossed the tag.  The french wording is from Bonnidee and the swirl is Spiral Symphony from gel-à-tins.  I glued the ribbon and applied 3 brads to balance the card.

 If you would like to purchase the Hummingbird Card file please click on the preview below. 


Have a good week!  Thanks for stopping by and again I am sorry!  I would much rather be organizing my craft room then dusting trust me!  




Share:

2 comments:

Tammy D said...

Oh sweetie I feel for you. I have all the breathing problems in my house. I have all my decorations divided up by seasons to thin them down and the stuff that would be more likely to collect dust go inside my glass front bookcase.

Sandra from NC said...

Beautiful Card! Good luck with the house reorganization and dusting. I'm a horrible house keeper too and dusting is my least favorite thing to do :(.

I'll try to get pictures for you this week.