Friday, August 12, 2011

Creative Cupcakes and Adoree's new bed

Howdy,

My creative design team has been having lots of fun with my cupcake card file.  I can't wait to show you what fab creations they have made. 

First up we have a wonderful card by CDT member Johanne. 


Here is what Johanne had to say about her cupacke:
Info:
This card was made from Shelly's Art Cupcake Card file. I made it larger than the file. I applied distress ink - shabby shutters- on every section. The paper for the icing was Hepburn from Memory Keepers. I embossed it with the Cuttlebug and covered those embossed parts with Stickles Frosted Lace.  I added silver brads to imitate dragees. The cherry was embossed with red embossing powder. I duplicated the icing and the cherry, mirroring it and applying it on the other side.  It gave me a fully decorated cupcake and I could add more sentiment. I cut the base and printed my message afterward using the cut & print technique.

Translation:
                A cupcake made from the best:  health, happiness, magic moments & a bit of crazy time.  Happy Birthday dear Granddaughter.
               
                Health, Fun, Love, Happiness, Peace, Friendship, Magic, Success.

I love all the details Johanne added to this card.   I especially like the embossing then added stickles on top.  This makes her paper look as if she bought it at a specialty shop.  I will definitely be casing this technique in the future.  I never think to emboss patterned papers but adore the look!  How creative of Johanne to make the card double sided too.  You could add a gift card to one side and sentiment to the other.
Next up we have an equally creative card by CDT member Kelly. 

Here is what Kelly had to say about her card:

This card features 3 files from Shelly's Art (Cupcake Card, Pennant Border Set (coming soon to my store) & Tags Galore). For the background, I used my Scallops & Lines embossing folder from Sizzix. I inked over the raised image with a French Blue inkpad. The two blue cupcakes are embossed with the D'vine Swirls folder and I used the French Blue ink on them as well. The brown cupcake is embossed with the Mesh folder and inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I added a blue rhinestone to the tag. There is also lots of pen stitching added to the card. The Make a Wish sentiment is cut from vinyl. The rest of the sentiments are from K Andrew's Food for Thought stamp set.

I love how she reduced the size of the cupcakes to allow them to be the focal feature on the front of a standard sized card.  Kelly is great at embossing and this card really shows her skill!  The pen detailing is great as is that tiny rhinestone on the tag! 

Now if you'd like to play with my cupcakes too please click on the photo below to purchase the file at 30% off the whole month of August 2011. 




Adoree had been sleeping in Tyler's crib which turned into a sleigh bed.  It was starting to sag so we decided Adoree needed a bed of her own.  The only problem was that her room is really small and we couldn't possibly fit a dresser and bed in the room.  So we searched and came across this loft bed and it seemed like the perfect solution.   So we ordered it from Amazon here.  It arrived in three boxes on July 11th.  However, the one box was badly damaged.  So I contacted the company (South Shore Furniture) and posted a complaint.   I informed them that the boxes are about 75lbs and long and bulky so they need more protection when they are packaged.  They sent replacement pieces free of charge and these were encased in several layers of cushioned cardboard and bubblewrap.  So they were perfect!  Adoree was soo excited to finally have her bed put together.  


The area where the curtain is open in case you want to put another dresser under there.   However, we thought it would make a great play area.  

Look I actually sewed!  Hubby found a fabric place that had fabric matching her quilt and I sewed the curtain.  I am not a sewer in the least and it took me a long time and I even sewed the rod opening shut at one point.  I learned a needle tool for paper piercing is a good seam ripper!  LOL!  So the curtain isn't perfect but Adoree loved it anyway.    We were a little concerned about how high up the bed is but she seems to be doing just fine in it.  Plus her room looks soo much bigger now!  Tyler is loving her curtain area too they play all sorts of games in there.

Once again it is lunch time so I must say good bye!  I hope to participate in Papertrey Ink's latest make it Monday challenge so be on the lookout for that post soon.  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a good weekend!


Share:

1 comments:

Barracudasue said...

GREAT cards using your cupcake card design! It' SO unique and I also LOVE it!

And speaking of love----Adoree's bed is FABULOUS! I love that she can "hide" under it. I bet YOU don't though...LOL

You did a great job with the bed and the curtain! Love, love, LOVE it and Adoree looks SO precious! :)