Thursday, June 05, 2008

Bringing Home Adoree, new bracket file in my gallery.

I’m sorry I know it has been ages since I blogged. I promise I will try to be better about this. I do have a lot to catch up on.

First up is a layout using my newest file bracket box for the journaling box. It also uses Shirley Clarks wonderful file Home Sweet Home available at Paperthreads.

This layout show pics of the first time we took our baby girl home. We were so nervous! She turned a year in May of this year. So this is our house last May. I am amazed at how different our house looked this year….I had many tulips and such blooming and wished these pics showed that. Oh well at least this layout is done!

The layout is based on a Layout Blueprints sketch (love this book and would love to get my hands on the new release.) Shirley thankfully introduced me to dew drops. I am in love with them I buy the clear and color them with Bic Mark It permant markers which are acid free and sticks to the dew drops very well. I bought them at Wal-mart. I think they would work to color brads too. You can see I used the dew drops to accent the tree and the patterned paper above. Don’t you just love the tiny tiny brads I used for the flowers on Shirley’s house? I got them at Michael’s on clearance only because they had tiny crowns in them (perfect for the princess party my daughter had). I’m glad I found another use for them.



The photo below shows what you get in the bracket box file. I couldn't post it all on my gallery at Cuttersmarket because it would have made the preview picture too tiny. It really is a versatile file. I just got the latest issue of Scrapbooks Ect magazine and they have lots of embellishments very similar to my file posted on quite a few layouts. It can be used as a journaling box as I have done but also as an accent piece. The file can be resized to fit your needs.

oh my it's time to make supper. More later! Have a great day and thanks for looking!
Shelly











Share:

0 comments: