Sunday, June 07, 2015

Color Throwdown #345 Sending Prayers

Do you struggle with sympathy cards?  I definitely do.   It's so important to get the right look to these card.  So when I saw THIS wonderful card by Nerina I instantly bookmarked it.   Her card is perfectly elegant...I couldn't wait to make my own version!

I decided to use Color Throwdown's newest challenge colors. 


When I think of red and green colors together I think of Christmas so I was  careful not to pick any flower that resembled a poinsettia when completing my card.

I used Papertrey Ink's Harvest Berries for the focal element of the card.  Just as Nerina did I embossed the darker vines.  The red flower is from PTI's honey bees and the sentiment is from PTI's beautiful butterflies

Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back again!

Share:

3 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Absolutely gorgeous sympathy card! Love this delicate vine in the different greens. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown this week!

Vikki Ryan said...

This is a stunning card Shelly...love it!

Vickie Z said...

So perfect!m love those PTI leaves and berries!! This for joining us at CTD!,