Sunday, March 29, 2015

Case This Sketch #116 and Colour Q #284

Hello everyone!  Are you enjoying the Spring weather?!  I am loving hearing the birds and seeing the bulbs push their vibrant green leaves out of the ground BUT...I just wish the temps would get a little warmer.   If this keeps up the Easter bunny will have to wear a coat!

 I apologize but I had so much furn with the PTI challenge involving stamping your own patterned paper (discussed in my last post) that I just had to try it again.   I decided to use :

http://casethissketch.blogspot.com/2015/03/case-this-sketch-116.html
and

http://colourq.blogspot.com/2015/03/colourq-challenge-284.html


That way I wouldn't have to rack my brain figuring out a style and color for my card set.  I can get to the fun part...decorating!


I have to apologize for the poor photos.  I have a light box but am trying to figure out the best position for the lights in my room.


I used PTI's Make It Monday #45: Coloring Embossed Images with Copics. Yes it is an older video but one of my favorite techniques! I haven't felt like coloring detailed images with shading and such as you are supposed to with Copics so this technique makes my Copics feel less neglected and me more creative! 

I used PTI's Year of Flowers collection and Mat Stack Two to complete my card set.  I added a layer of glossy accents to the flowers to really make them pop!  I also tried a new embellishment.  Some messy gold thread behind the focal image.  I love the texture it adds without adding a lot of bulk!  I think I need to find some in silver too!

Time to run!  Thanks for stopping by and be sure to visit again!  Those of you in my part of the world...stay warm!

Share:

0 comments: