Friday, April 25, 2014

Card A Day Blog Post: Love You Mom

It's my turn again to be a designer on the Card A Day blog.  I am quite glad to have an excuse to sit and craft and get a card ready early for a change!  What would we do without our Moms?!  I for one never realized how big of a job being a Mom is until I had my own kids.  So here's a shout out to say "thanks for all you do" to all those Moms out there.  This also includes good friends who act like Moms sometime too.  Don't forget all those special people in your life when you think about sending out Mother's day cards!

I used the newest file added to my store Floral Mom Tag and applied the tag to a simple card embellished with chevron stamps from Papertrey Ink.  I originally designed this tag to fit on a 5 x 7 card but I reduced the size to fit on an A2 card and was delighted to see it worked out quite well.  I added some Stickles to the words and flower centers and also the heart.  The picture really doesn't do the bling justice..it really dazzles in real life.  I used some very old Creative Memories striped paper for the flowers.  I also added some lines with a Copic maker to the flower for added depth.  Curling the flower petals under a bit and gluing just the centers with pop dots also gives the flowers a lovely 3-D effect.  I was happy to use this sheer ribbon in my stash.  It doesn't work for all projects but for this I feel the sheerness adds to the card without being too distracting. 

If you would like to purchase my file..please click on the preview below:



Gotta get to the gym.  Hope you have a fabulous weekend!  Please come back again.  I'll be adding more new files to my store next week. 






Share:

1 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card Shelly love the letter popped out it does give it a nice 3-d effect.